Late departures at the end of the Fall semester are not permitted. Students must vacate their residence hall room, suite and townhouse by Noon on the day after the last scheduled final. If travel or other circumstances make it impossible to leave on time, residents will need to arrange for alternate accommodations.
Residence Hall Check Out
· Students, whose last final exam is on , or of finals week, must check out within 24 hours of their last exam.
· Students, whose last final exam is on of finals week, must check out by of final exam week.
Graduating students, Commencement volunteers and Summer Housing students
Students that meet one of the following criteria are required to check out of their on-campus housing byfollowing Commencement:
· A senior who will be walking in the Commencement ceremony
· A student who has been pre-approved to volunteer at Commencement through the Office of Campus Activities (e.g. marshals, ushers, volunteers, musical ensemble).
· A student who has submitted and been approved by the Residential Life and Housing office to stay on campus for the summer for classes, research, Orientation training or summer employment. These students will move from their current residence hall to their summer room on Sunday, May 25th. Moves must be completed by
· An approved exception by the Office of Residential Life and Housing.
Students who need to stay past thedeadline must submit the Commencement Weekend Check Out Extension Application by Friday, May 9th (late applications will not be accepted) and receive approval from the Office of Residential Life and Housing.
Students approved for the extension must check out by 11:00 a.m. Sunday, May 25th.
Accepted extension forms will be based on the following criteria:
· International travel is necessary to return home
· Flight accommodations cannot be made based on the end time of our ceremony, at approximately
· Student will be traveling more than 6 hours to their home by car, following the ceremony
Students will be fined $500 for the following violations:
· Any student who has not checked out of their on-campus housing by the appropriate time.
· Any student, approved for the extension, who allows a non-approved student to stay in their on-campus housing.