Residence Hall Agreement

Hartwick College Office of Residential Life & Housing

To be completed by student

The period of this agreement shall be for the 2015-16 academic year.

Student Name:
Student ID:
Current Residence Hall:

Payment: The College agrees to provide housing, and the student agrees to payment therefor in accordance with the schedule published in the Hartwick College Catalog, which may be revised annually.

Dining Services: The student agrees by residing in College housing, other than the on-campus houses, the Townhouses, at Pine Lake, or in specifically designated on-campus apartments, to board with the College food service. The student further agrees to payment therefor in accordance with the fees set forth in the Hartwick College Catalog, which may be revised annually.

Policies: Residential Life Policies of the Student Handbook, in its entirety, is incorporated herein by reference and is made part of this agreement. The student agrees to comply with the provisions contained therein and as may be amended. The refund policies as contained in the expenses section of the Hartwick College Catalog as may be revised will apply.

Additional Policies for Residing on Campus:
Smith Hall is for first-year students only.
Oyaron House is substance-free. The fourth floor is for first-year honors students.
Hilltop House fourth floor is designated as the Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program floor.
Students cannot arrive on campus earlier than Wednesday, August 26, at noon, unless given permission by the Office of Residential Life and Housing. Students who arrive on campus prior to opening day without permission will not be allowed into their residence hall.
No College-owned furniture may be removed from any room, lounge, hallway, or kitchen for any reason. Missing or damaged furniture will result in restitution by the student.

Students must maintain at least 8 academic credits in the fall term to live in housing for the fall term.
Students must be enrolled in at least 3 academic credits in the J Term to live in housing for the J Term.
Students must maintain at least 8 academic credits in the spring term to live in housing for the spring term.

All students are required to fill out a Room Inventory form when they check into their room. If a student moves, he/she is required to officially check out of his/her old room and return the key. He/she will then check into the new room by filling out a new Room Inventory Form.
At the end of the academic year, all residential students are required to check out of their rooms with either a Resident Advisor (RA) or Resident Director (RD) or by filling out the Express Check-out Form.
The student agrees to vacate the residence hall by the appropriate date at the end of the academic year, which can be found on the Residence Hall Calendar.

Room Assignment: This agreement is for living unit space and does not guarantee the Student any particular room. The College reserves the right to change student assignments from one room to another if it is considered advisable or necessary. If the occupancy of a room changes after a term has started, the College reserves the right to assign another student to that room to maintain occupancy. When a vacancy occurs after a term has commenced, the student agrees to maintain that room in a manner sufficient to permit another student to move into it at any time.
Room assignments are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.
This agreement is terminated by graduation, withdrawal, academic dismissal, disciplinary suspension, or expulsion.

This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties insofar as the College providing housing for the student and the student accepting responsibilities as herein contained. By signing this agreement, the Student acknowledges responsibility for compliance with all applicable College policy as stipulated in this agreement, the Student Handbook, Hartwick College Catalog, and all other official College publications. See the Hartwick College Catalog.

Enter your name below to signify your consent to this agreement:
Student signature:

For more information, contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing at 607-431-4501.