Room Inventory Forms and Residence Agreement

All students residing in a College residence must sign a Residence Agreement before occupancy. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of a student's registration at Hartwick.

Only currently enrolled and registered students are permitted to occupy College residences. Under no circumstances may a student on leave or dismissed from the College reside in on-campus facilities. Should a dismissed student or student on leave need to conduct official College business, they must contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing to make arrangements for an on-campus visit during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

Each student occupying a room in a residence hall must sign a Room Inventory Form at the beginning of occupancy. This form, provided by the RA or professional residential life staff member, lists furniture in the room, and describes the condition of both the furniture and room (ceiling, walls, floor, windows, etc.).

Students should fill out this form carefully. They will be billed for damage beyond normal wear and tear that is not noted on the form at check-in, and they will be billed for missing furniture that is not recorded as missing at check-in.

When a student ends occupancy of the room, the resident advisor will inspect the room with the resident, note damages, and ask the student to sign the form as part of the checkout process. This form is not the final billing statement. Any student failing to check out of their room properly will be billed $50 for failure to check out, in addition to any charges for damages.