The Office of Social Issues and Wellness Education strives to provide African American, Latino/a American, Asian American and Native American (ALANA*) students with various services and connections that help them to be more successful during their time at Hartwick and in the future. Our goal is to assist the college in enhancing services for ALANA* student communities, introduce the Hartwick community to issues involving diverse and multicultural patterns, and integrate educational components into our everyday experience. While most services provided are co-curricular, we also serve as a referral and support resource to the Hartwick community.
Hartwick College has many offices that assist in providing services to ALANA* students The Office of Social Issues and Wellness Education hopes to assist in the following ways:
- Will serve as an information resource center, giving ALANA* students and the greater Hartwick community easy and direct access to important information
- Assist in providing ALANA* students with the resources that will assist with their success on and off campus
- Will assist ALANA* students in the resolution of academic and personal problems
- Will serve as a "link," connecting ALANA* students to other members of the college community
- Will assist in articulating the Hartwick commitment to ALANA* students in higher education *African American, Latino/a American, Asian American & Native American
*ALANA* is an acronym for African American, Latino/a American, Asian American & Native American. Click here to learn more about what ALANA means and its traditions.
Hartwick College believes in embracing the differences that each student brings to our campus, and we will continue to build the services and resources that we provide for ALANA students.