WickWire Student Caller Job Description
Rate: $8/hour (with opportunities to earn incentives based on your performance)
Reports to: Holly Sayman '12, WickWire Phonathon Supervisor and WickWire Student Supervisors
Department: Annual Giving, College Advancement
Job Overview: The WickWire Student Caller is individually and collaboratively responsible for assisting Hartwick College in reaching its annual giving goals by communicating the value of the College’s mission, raising the College’s alumni and parent participation rate, acquiring financial support, and serving as a resource to the College’s constituencies.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must be reliable, energetic, an articulate communicator, and work well within a group setting. Previous fundraising, telemarketing, or sales experience is a plus, but not a requirement for employment consideration. Work-Study is not required for employment; however, hiring preference will be given to applicants with Work-Study.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Commit to a minimum of 3 shifts per week and understand that unexcused absences will not be tolerated
- Contact alumni and parents by telephone to:
- Confirm and update address and employment information
- Thank for previous support of the College
- Solicit support for the Hartwick Fund
- Share information about the College, including on-campus and off-campus alumni events
- Complete phonathon forms accurately and legibly
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling sessions
- Be knowledgeable about Hartwick College
- Work with other Student Callers in a team-oriented environment to further the development of the WickWire phonathon program
- Participate in required training for the student caller position
Remember: Phone numbers, addresses, and giving records are confidential and should not be discussed with others. Any violation of confidentiality will result in immediate termination.
Please click here to access the online application.