Emerson & Duffy International Scholarships
Welcome to the Emerson and Duffy Scholarship homepage. The Emerson and Duffy Scholarship application forms for 2015-2016 are now active.
Please click here for the Emerson Scholarship application instructions.
Please click here for the Duffy Scholarship application instructions.
Application due date: Monday, March 9, 2015
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors, with a 3.0 GPA or higher who are interested in international internships and have financial need.
- All majors may apply.
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 to support an international academic internship.
- Emerson internships must be registered for academic credit.
- Recipients of an Emerson Scholarship may plan to travel in summer of 2014 (July or August) or during the period between fall and spring semester 2015.
- Emerson Scholars also have the option of traveling during the academic year 2014-2015. If interested, please talk with a PSGE Advisor for details.
- Pursue career interests in an international setting.
- Expand post-graduate career options through international internships.
- We live in an increasingly global economy; the number of multi-national organizations that offer post-graduate employment opportunities for Hartwick students is on the rise.
- All Emerson internships must be outside of the United States.
The Duffy Scholarship
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors, with a 3.0 GPA or higher, who are interested in international research and have financial need.
- International students may propose to undertake the independent/directed study in a U.S. locale with which they are unfamiliar or in an international setting other than their own country.
- All majors can apply.
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 to support an international independent study.
- Students must register for academic credit for the study.
- Meant to make it possible for individual students to have an in-depth, one-on-one experience.
- Winners of a Duffy Scholarships may plan to travel in summer of 2014 (July or August) or during the period between fall and spring semester 2015.
- Established in 1999 by former Hartwick Trustee John Duffy and his wife, Anne Duffy.
- Learn more about John and Anne Duffy.
- Pursue an academic interest through indpendent research.
- Learn more about a culture that is different than your own.
- Carry out field work that could propel your career or your academic goals.
- Deepen your learning through one on one interaction with faculty.
Photo: Ryan Smith '06, 2005-06 Emerson Scholarship Winner in Tanzania, Summer 2005