Alumni Directory FAQ
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Hartwick College. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
Hartwick College has partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Hartwick College to receive important updates to our database which will enable us to better serve current and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Hartwick College has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Hartwick College for the publication of the Directory will be held as confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Hartwick College listed in the Directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Hartwick College any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Hartwick College or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated PCI representative for the Hartwick College project. The representative will verify all the information that we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Hartwick College alumni is 1-866-589-6702.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI's customer service desk at 1-800-395-4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Hartwick College Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Hartwick College alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in December of 2012, the directories will be distributed in December of 2013.
6. I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven't received the postcard requesting verification of my address.
Those who purchase a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks, directing them to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their identification number and order number (shown on the postcard), and verifying their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voice mail to initiate the certificate process.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold certificate so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
Basics of the certificate program:
• The Discounted Companion Airline Certificate allows the holder to purchase two round trip tickets for one low price.
The Certificate is:
- Two Tickets for One Low Price
- 200 US Destinations (continental US)
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- More than 40 Airline Carriers
- 24/7 Online Booking
- 7-Day Advance Purchase
- Frequent Flier Miles for Both Passengers
- Low Price Guarantee
- Fully Transferable
7. Can I choose to have some or all of my information excluded from the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1-800-395-4724) or to the Hartwick College Office of Alumni Relations at 607-431-4064.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-395-4724, and they will take care of this for you.
Also, feel welcome to contact the Hartwick College Office of Alumni Relations at 607-431-4064 with any questions or concerns.