Why consider completing an internship?
- 49% of employers say the ideal candidate has had two internships during his or her college career.
- 42% of employers say the ideal candidate has had at least one internship during his or her college career.
- That's 91% of employers who cite internship experience as one of the number one qualifying factors to be a successful candidate.
Need more reasons why you should do an Internship?
First- and Second-year Students
- Figure out what you want to do after school.
- Get a better idea of the field you're planning to enter, and whether you'd really like to make it your career.
- What are you good at? What do and don't you like? Don't spend four years not knowing the answers to these questions.
- Make connections for a more advanced internship your junior or senior year.
Third and Fourth year Students
- Get your foot in the door of a competitive business or organization, even before you graduate.
- Develop the connections and networking contacts you will need after graduation to pull ahead.
- Hone not only your classroom learning, but those crucial "soft" skills as well.
- Find out how to best maneuver yourself into a career after graduation.
- Earn credit for your internship
Perhaps the most important thing to remember is this: Hartwick's Internship Advisor, Kristin Bergene, is here to help you every step of the way. Set up a one-on-one 30 minute chat for a crash course on finding and securing an internship, and get connected to a local partner with an open internship right for you. Get started today, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org