NEWS & EVENTS
Hartwick College Sees Rise in Quantity, Quality of ApplicantsAugust 24, 2011
With the new academic year nearly underway, Hartwick College's Class of 2015 is shaping up to be another record-breaker. Interest in Hartwick continues to grow across the nation and around the globe, according to recent statistics from Hartwick's Office of Enrollment Management.
- Hartwick received more than 6,300 applications for this fall, a more than 50 percent increase over last year.
- The acceptance rate for the Class of 2015 is the lowest in Hartwick history at 62 percent, compared to 69 percent last year, meaning the college's selectivity has risen significantly.
- The Class of 2015 will be among the most academically talented in Hartwick history, with an average SAT score of 1120, up 50 points from last year, and an average high school grade point average of 88, the highest for first-year students in more than a decade.
- 30 percent of Hartwick's Class of 2015 is from outside New York State, compared to 22 percent last year. They represent 29 states, and 17 new students are from 14 foreign countries.
- Hartwick's Class of 2015 is among the most diverse in recent memory, with 18 percent being students of color.
"These are very encouraging statistics," Vice President of Enrollment Management & Marketing David Conway said. "High school students everywhere are recognizing the value of the uniquely Hartwick brand of experiential learning, allowing us to build another remarkable class."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable
Contact: Christopher Lott