Hartwick Plans April 17 Open House for High School JuniorsMarch 30, 2010
Hartwick College will host an Open House program on April 17, 2010 geared toward current high school juniors who are interested in becoming part of Hartwick's Class of 2015.
The Open House will provide opportunities to learn more about Hartwick's campus, academic and extracurricular offerings, and to meet with key Hartwick personalities. Attendees will meet students and faculty in their prospective major, tour Hartwick's 425-acre campus, discover the College's innovative Three-Year Degree Program, and much more.
To sign up for the April 17 Open House, please click here.
The day's tentative itinerary is as follows:
- 8:30-9:15 a.m. - Campus Tours depart every five minutes
- 9-10 a.m. - Athletics Representatives available
- 9-10 a.m. - Information Tables (Meet with representatives from various departments involved with Student Life and Experiential Learning as well as with representatives from Admissions and Financial Aid & Affordability)
- 10-10:30 a.m. - Welcome and Introduction (David Conway, Vice President for Enrollment Management)
- 10:40-11:25 a.m. - Student Roundtables (This is your opportunity to talk with current students and learn about the academic and social life at Hartwick!)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Academic Department Fair (Talk with faculty from our major and pre-professional programs and check out our diverse academic offerings)
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. - Admissions and Financial Aid & Affordability at Hartwick (Jonathan Kent, Director of Admissions, and Melissa Allen, Director of Financial Aid)
- 12:30 p.m. - Continuous Campus Tours, depart every five minutes until 1:30 p.m.
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. - Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. - Binder Athletics Facility Tour/Anderson Center for the Arts Tour
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at 888-HARTWICK (888-427-8942).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,480 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three Year Bachelor’s Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Christopher Lott