BinghamtonLink Lets Students Shadow ProfessionalsFebruary 16, 2010
Each year, Hartwick College students spend a day shadowing professionals in their field in the Binghamton area. On January 21, this year’s BinghamtonLink program sent 13 students to 15 job sites.
The job-shadowing program, run by The Office of Career Development & Education, is now in its 10th year. It gives primarily first- and second-year students the chance to see their majors in action early in their college experience by connecting them with employers in the Binghamton area. Hartwick also sponsors an Oneonta/CooperstownLink day and a MetroLink week, where students visit sites in Boston and New York City.
After shadowing their hosts, students gathered at the Binghamton Club for a reception with the employers, professionals, and Hartwick alumni who took part in this year’s program. Special thanks go out to Bruce Cameron ’67, Barbara Klapp Vartanian ’71, John Jones ’84, Cathy and Bill McGowan P’98 (parents of Susan ’98), Alexis Andrus ’08, Patti Griffiths, the committee members who worked to make this year’s placements, and the many Hartwick alumni, parents, and mentors who accommodated the students on their job-shadowing experiences this year.
Here’s where Hartwick students headed:
- Victoria Beck ’13 shadowed Suzie Stankiewicz at Lourdes Hospital
- Tim Daigle ’11 shadowed Jim Lynch at Security Mutual Insurance
- Heather Daly ’11 shadowed Sarah Bridgman at Greater Binghamton Health Center
- Danielle Freeland ’13 shadowed John Jones at LLP
- Laurie Giordano ’12 shadowed Mark Bandurchin at Riger Advertising Agency
- Kailee Granger ’13 shadowed chiropractor Benjamin Bartolotto
- Hillary Hayen ’13 shadowed Sarah Bridgman at Greater Binghamton Health Center
- Lauren Heiman ’13 shadowed Theresa Ryan at the Chamber of Commerce
- Chelsea Jordan ’12 shadowed Jim Daniels at Davidson, Fox & Co.
- Andrew Kirkpatrick ’12 shadowed Alexis Andrus at Binghamton University
- Jennifer Lemieux ’13 shadowed Jim Daniels at Davidson, Fox & Co.
- Zachary Mufson ’12 shadowed Jim Lynch at Security Mutual Insurance
- Xinni Xie ’12 shadowed Jim Conklin at All-Ready Printing
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,480 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three Year Bachelor’s Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Jen Moritz