NEWS & EVENTS
Hartwick College Attracts Academically Talented Class of 2016August 24, 2012This year's entering class at Hartwick College boasts an academically accomplished and diverse group of more than 460 students. Interest in Hartwick continues to climb both locally, nationally and globally, according to recent statistics from Hartwick's Office of Enrollment Management. On the entering class:
- Hartwick received more than 7,200 applications for Fall 2012
- The College received an application from every state in the US except North Dakota
- Hartwick anticipates that there will be more than 460 first-year students and nearly 50 transfer students welcomed to campus in September
- The average combined SAT score went up six points from 1121 to 1127 - among the highest scores in recent Hartwick history
- Collectively, the incoming class has an average high school grade point average of 87.1
- The Class of 2016 is one of the most geographically diverse to date, with 33.7 percent of Hartwick's incoming class coming from outside New York State, compared to 30 percent last year and 22 percent the year prior. They represent 26 states, and come from 15 different countries
- Hartwick's Class of 2016 is among the most diverse in recent memory, with 18.7 percent being students of color
"High school students and their families continue to search for clear benefits of a higher education," Vice President of Enrollment Management & Marketing David Conway said. "Hartwick's focus on melding a traditional liberal arts curriculum with unique in- and out-of classroom learning opportunities is what an increasing number of families are looking for. Providing these opportunities and directing students to do more and to be more is what we focus on at Hartwick. Maintaining this focus has helped us draw some of our most talented students to date."
For additional information, contact Conway at email@example.com or 607-431-4157.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Valerie Capullo