Hartwick College Welcomes Class of 2017 to CampusAugust 27, 2013
This year's first-year class at Hartwick College boasts an academically accomplished and diverse group of more than 540 students. Interest in Hartwick continues to climb both locally, nationally and globally, according to recent statistics from Hartwick's Office of Enrollment Management.
On the entering class:
- Hartwick received more than 6,400 applications for Fall 2013
- The College received an application from every state in the U.S. except North Dakota and South Dakota
- Hartwick anticipates that there will be more than 540 first-year students and nearly 40 transfer students welcomed to campus in September
- The average combined SAT score was 1110 - among the highest scores in recent Hartwick history
- Collectively, the incoming class has an average high school grade point average of 87
- The Class of 2017 is one of the most geographically diverse to date, with 30 percent of Hartwick's incoming class coming from outside New York State. They represent 23 states, and come from 12 different countries
- Hartwick's Class of 2017 is among the most diverse in recent memory, with 21 percent being students of color
"High school students and their families continue to find what they're looking for in Hartwick's focus on melding a traditional liberal arts curriculum with experience-based opportunities inside and outside of the classroom," said Vice President of Enrollment Management & Marketing David Conway. "Hartwick's continued focus on these priorities - on what we do best - attracts talented students who know that an education centered on experience and student success prepares them well to achieve their life and career goals."
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes an experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a distinctive January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for not just their first jobs, but for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Valerie Capullo