NEWS & EVENTS
Nine Hartwick Faculty Granted Tenure, PromotionMarch 16, 2011
Nine members of the Hartwick College faculty have been approved for tenure or promotion, effective September 1, 2011.
Those granted tenure and promotion to the rank of Associate Professor are:
- Elizabeth Bloom, Education, B.A., SUNY Oneonta; M.A., SUNY Albany; Ph.D., SUNY Binghamton.
- John Dudek, Chemistry, B.A. Colby College; M.A., Ph.D., Princeton University.
- Joseph Von Stengel, Art, BFA, University of Hartford; MFA, University of Oregon.
- Douglas Zullo, Art History, B.A., Baldwin-Wallace College; M.A., Ph.D., The Ohio State University.
Those promoted to the rank of Professor are:
- Mary Allen, Biology, B.A., Lafayette College; Ph.D., Florida State University. At Hartwick since 1997.
- Lori Collins-Hall, Sociology, B.A. SUNY Cortland; Ph.D., SUNY Albany. At Hartwick since 1996.
- Carlena Cochi Ficano, Economics, B.A., Lafayette College; M.A., Ph.D., Cornell University. At Hartwick since 1997.
- Jeanne-Marie Havener, Nursing, B.S. Millikin University; FPN, CNS, Ph.D., SUNY Binghamton Decker School of Nursing. At Hartwick since 1996.
- Susan Young, Chemistry, B.S., University of Dayton; Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder. At Hartwick since 1996.
The nine were recognized March 3 during this year's Faculty Recognition Party in the Celebration Room of Shineman Chapel House on the Hartwick campus.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Christopher Lott