NEWS & EVENTS
October 29 Open House: Discover the Top 10 Reasons to Choose HartwickOctober 10, 2011
There are thousands of reasons to take a closer look at Hartwick, and the top 10 will be on full display Saturday, October 29, during the College's fall Open House. Prospective students are invited to register online for the daylong program, which will offer a closer look at the quality and value of a Hartwick education, including the top 10 reasons to choose Hartwick:
1. Reputation: Hartwick is consistently ranked one of the best colleges in the country.
2. Value: Our graduates rank 50th in the nation for average starting salary, and our generous scholarships pave the way.
3. Choice: More than 30 majors, pre-professional programs, certifications, and customized areas of study.
4. Travel: See the world through study-abroad opportunities during January Term and year-round.
5. Practice: 40% of Hartwick students complete a career-related internship or take part in MetroLink.
6. Focus: Hartwick's innovative Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program-three-quarters the time, three-quarters the cost, same quality.
7. View: It's breathtaking. And that's just from the top of the hill. Wait until you see Pine Lake.
8. Energy: With 70 student clubs and organizations, the events, activities, and leadership opportunities are endless.
9. Spirit: Cheer on our 17 teams, check out our Empire 8 men's basketball champions, or put on a jersey and show us your skills!
10. Future: We're proud of our graduates, who are wowing the world in all walks of life, from entertainers to congressmen and athletes to scientists.
And that's just a snapshot of life at Hartwick. The Open House will provide opportunities to learn more about Hartwick's 425-acre campus, 31 academic majors, and extracurricular offerings; meet with Hartwick faculty and students in their prospective major; tour Hartwick's campus; discover the College's innovative Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and study-abroad opportunities, and much more.
The event will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. in Binder Physical Education Center, with tours, a presentation on the three-year-degree program, and the opportunity to talk with faculty and staff. (Light refreshments will be served.) A welcome will begin at 10:10 a.m., followed by an admissions and financial aid presentation, and a presentation about the new first-year experience. The day will conclude with tours of campus and opportunities to talk with admissions counselors.
Students will be able to learn of a decision on admission and merit scholarship amount, as well, by completing our online application or printing a copy and bringing a final end-of-year junior transcript. Please note, these decisions are not binding agreements.
Families also will have the opportunity to venture out to Hartwick's Pine Lake Environmental Campus and Hunter's Reign Equestrian Facility.
The Princeton Review has once again named Hartwick College one of the best colleges in the Northeast in its online ranking, 2011 Best Colleges: Region by Region, and print edition, The Best Northeastern Colleges. In its profile of Hartwick, the organization describes the College as "a small liberal arts school in upstate New York with a broad core curriculum, notable offerings in nursing and music education, and a 'very strong biology program." The review also highlights Hartwick's Pine Lake Environmental Campus as "a natural classroom of woodlands" that is "an amazing retreat to either relax or study in."
Also noted are Hartwick's one-month intensive January Term program, internships, and classes, as well as study-abroad opportunities around the world. Students surveyed by The Princeton Review lauded Hartwick's small class sizes, double and triple majors, and easily approachable teachers.
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing David Conway noted that high school students continue to recognize the value of a Hartwick College education. The College received a record number of applications for the fall 2011 incoming class.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at 888-HARTWICK (888-427-8942) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Jen Moritz