NEWS & EVENTS
Jennifer Morgenstein joins SOAR as Learning Support SpecialistApril 11, 2011
Jennifer Morgenstein has been hired to serve as Hartwick College's new Learning Support Specialist and Director of Start Out Academics Right (SOAR). Her first day was April 4 and she is located in Yager 506 in the LOFT.
Morgenstein comes to Hartwick from SUNY Cobleskill, where she was the coordinator of the MERITS program and served in a variety of roles, including various teaching responsibilities, in their Center for Academic Support and Excellence. She received her bachelor's in elementary education and English from the College of Saint Rose and a reading specialist master's from SUNY Albany.
At Hartwick, Morgenstein will be responsible for:
- Determining eligibility for disability services under the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and implementing appropriate and reasonable accommodations for students with documented learning disabilities;
- Serving as an advocate to increase and develop awareness of student learning sytles to foster greater understanding and support among campus community members;
- Providing services and activities related to implementing, developing, and coordinating effective learning support services for all students; and
- Directing SOAR and providing academic support, advising, and mentoring for all students enrolled in the program during the summer and throughout the academic year.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Christopher Lott