NEWS & EVENTS
President Drugovich Shares NAICU Video Addressing Nine "Myths"March 4, 2013
Yesterday, Hartwick College President Dr. Margaret L. Drugovich shared news with the campus community about an initiative of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) to address nine "myths" associated with independent, not-for-profit education. Both the 9 Myths webpage and video were unveiled at a recent NAICU Annual Meeting, with these data-rich materials using the latest research from the U.S. Department of Education, NAICU, the College Board, and other sources. The myths addressed by NAICU include:
- Myth 1: Private colleges are not affordable
- Myth 2: Federal student aid drives up college costs
- Myth 3: Private colleges enroll only white, wealthy, traditional students
- Myth 4: Many college graduates leave school with more than $100,000 in debt
- Myth 5: A college degree is no longer a good investment
- Myth 6: Fewer students are choosing to attend private colleges
- Myth 7: All private colleges have billion-dollar endowments
- Myth 8: Private colleges are not innovative or flexible
- Myth 9: Private colleges are not transparent or accountable
"Since the responsibility to elucidate the value of a Hartwick education falls to each of us, I strongly urge you to view [this] brief video," shared Drugovich.
NAICU's 9 Myths video can be found via the following links: http://vimeo.com/60277618 or http://www.hartwick.edu/about-us/office-of-the-president/speeches-remarks-and-interviews.
For additional information, contact Hartwick College Media Relations Manager Valerie Capullo at 607-431-4031 or email@example.com.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY, in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes an experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a distinctive January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for not just their first jobs, but for the world ahead. A Three-Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Valerie Capullo