Awards Presented at Hartwick College Student Art ExhibitionOctober 29, 2009
Hartwick College's Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition opened with a reception from 4:30-6:30 p.m. on November 5, 2009 in the Foreman Gallery, Anderson Center for the Arts, on the Hartwick campus.
Each fall, a call for entries is sent to students across the Hartwick College campus. Only 75 percent of entries are chosen for the exhibition. Marianne Weil, professor of art and sculpture at CUNY Staten Island, has served as juror for the 2009 exhibition. Students submitted artwork in nine categories--painting, sculpture, ceramics, drawing, glass, photography, digital art, design, and printmaking--from which the final exhibit was selected.
Awards, sponsored by Williamsburg Paints and Golden Artist Colors, were presented during the opening reception. Winners were:
- Sculpture – Stephanie Berube, “Bones”
- Glass – Eric Pedersen, “Wobble in Space”
- Design – Courtney Rotzler, “Landscape”
- Painting – Marge Gormley, “Untitled”
- Digital – Ben Wronkoski, “Circle Up”
- Drawing – Samantha Allen, “Frontal Invasion”
- Photo – Dominique Thomas, “Untitled 2”
- Ceramics – Tim Irwin, “Hanging On”
- Printmaking – Luke Malone, “Stix”
- Best in Show – Lindsay Worden, “Untitled”
The exhibition, sponsored by the Hartwick College Department of Art & Art History, will be on display in the Foreman Gallery through November 21.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,480 students, located in Oneonta, NY in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick's expansive Liberal Arts in Practice curriculum merges traditional liberal arts study, personalized teaching, and experiential learning approaches to emphasize Connecting the Classroom to the World. Add to that a wide range of off-campus internships, collaborative research, study-abroad opportunities, and a unique January Term, and Hartwick prepares students for the world ahead. Strong financial aid and scholarship programs keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Contact: Christopher Lott