OnLine Summer Courses
Welcome to Hartwick OnLine - SummerOnLine 2015 courses offer a range of offerings to help you meet your general education requirements, catch up on credits, get ahead in your program, retake a course to improve your g.p.a., or simply sample something new in an online format.
Session 1: June 1 - July 1
- Jane Austen (ENGL 250) - Susan Navarette, Ph.D.
- Macroeconomics Principles (ECON 102) - Laurence Malone, Ph.D.
- Educational Psychology (EDUC 304) - Johanna Mitchell, Ph.D.
- Contemporary Ethical Issues (PHIL 250) - Jeremy Wisnewski, Ph.D.
- International Relations (POSC 105) - Amy Forster Rothbart, Ph.D.
- Astronomy with 2-hour lab (PHYS 121) - Kevin Schultz, Ph.D.
- Introduction to Sociology (SOCI 105) - David Legere, J.D.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab (BIOL 207) - A.J. Russo, Ph.D.
- Introduction to Regional Hispanic Studies (SPAN 160) - Karina Walker
- Pathophysiology (BIOL 350) - Munir Syed, M.D. *Note: this course runs from June 1 - July 19.
Session 2: July 6 - August 5
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II with lab (BIOL 207) - A.J. Russo, Ph.D,
- Buddhist Art and Architecture (ARTH 280) - Douglas Zullo, Ph.D.
- Introduction to Sociology (SOCI 105) - Cecelia Walsh-Russo, Ph.D.
Students may register for only one course per session. No advisor approval or clearance is required to register for a summer course. Full payment must be received at time of registration. If full payment is not received at time of registration, the student will be dropped from the course within 48 hours.
Tuition and Fees
$300 per credit
$100 technology fee for non-Hartwick students
Pay online now.*
*A payment convenience fee of 2.75% for credit card and $1.50 for ACH from checking or savings will be applied. When prompted with "Payment for," please enter "Session 1 [or 2]- course name," [e.g., "SOCI-105."]
If a course has insufficient enrollment by noon on the date specified below, Hartwick will cancel the class and make a full refund to those who have registered and paid.
A student who has registered and paid but then drops a course before noon on the deadline (May 1 for Session 1; June 5 for Session 2) will receive a 50% refund. Anyone dropping a course after that deadline will receive no refund. However, a student who decides to withdraw at any time before the end of the third day of a session may apply paid Summer OnLine tuition towards his or her own balance due for another Summer OnLine course offered either later in Summer 2015 or in Summer 2016.
Date by which course must have enrollment of eight in order to run; if cancelled, Hartwick will make a full refund to those who have registered and paid.
|May 1, noon||June 5, noon|
|Last date for 50% refund if dropping a course||May 1, noon||June 5, noon|
|Last date to enroll in courses||May 29, noon||July 2, noon|
Last date to withdraw with no grade penalty and to get credit
|June 3, 5 p.m.||July 8, 5 p.m.|
|Last date to withdraw from a course||June 19, 5 p.m.||July 24, 5 p.m.|
Following the date determining whether there is sufficient enrollment (eight students) to run a course, students may add a course if space is available through the Registrar's Office using a Summer Course Registration form (pdf document) until the relevant deadline to register.
Between the date to drop a course with no grade penalty and the last date to withdraw from a course, a student who officially withdraws will be issued a grade of "W." Dropping/withdrawing must be done using an add/drop form through the Registrar's Office.
Hartwick's Information Technology supports student and faculty use of campus technology for Hartwick SummerOnline courses. Support would include appropriate technology for students who are eligible for and ask for learning accommodations. Our SummerOnline courses are offered in compliance with state and federal distance education requirements. Students with a complaint or grievance about their online courses have full access to a process to resolve the issue.