• New Hartwick students moving in
  • new student roommates
  • New student with President Drugovich during matriculation
  • New students moving in

Transfer Students

The transfer student transition at Hartwick is a process customized for each student basedTransfer Students on their previous experience and needs.

Transfer Student Required Forms
Enrolling transfer students must complete required forms as soon as possible. Visit the Transfer Student Required Forms page for more information.

Transfer Transition Orientation
Transfer Transition Orientation (for students beginning in September 2014) will introduce you to your new community and the resources available to support your success.  Transfer Transition Orientation is required for ALL transfer students, including commuter and non-traditional/adult learners.  Special programming for family members is also offered.

Transfer Transition Orientation date options are:

Please register to attend one of the above dates by emailing glenna@hartwick.edu or calling 607-431-4195. Please let us know your name, the date you wish to attend, and how many people will be in attendance.  

Welcome Weekend for Transfer Students

Welcome Weekend is required for ALL transfer students. Note that there will be programming specifically for transfer students, including a Transfer Student Luncheon, and required 'Wick 101 classes. Fall 2014 Welcome Weekend dates are Thursday, August 28 through Monday, September 1. Fall classes begin on Tuesday, September 2.

For more details, see the schedules below:  
Transfer Residential Student Welcome Weekend Schedule   
Transfer Commuter Student Welcome Weekend Schedule
Family Welcome Weekend Schedule 

Transfer Students in the Accelerated Nursing Program

Transfer Students enrolling in the Nursing Accelerated Summer Program must send in their deposit by the first week in April. Upon enrollment, specific information will be sent regarding paperwork and certifications required prior to arrival. Orientation for the Accelerated Summer Program will be held the first week of June, when the first summer nursing course begins.

On Campus Housing
The Office of Residential Life and Housing will house transfer students based on the preferences selected on the Housing and Roommate Preference Questionnaire. Hartwick primarily offers traditional corridor-style residence hall rooms with single, double, and triple occupancies. Transfer students have the option to live with another transfer student or with a returning Hartwick student.

Off-Campus Housing
Students are generally required to live on campus through their Junior year. The Office of Residential Life and Housing will make some exceptions to this policy and work with transfer students to provide the best possible housing situation. Exceptions to this can include, but are not limited to, commuting students (family lives within 60 miles of campus), students who have previously lived in an off-campus environment at their previous institutions, and Special Accommodations Housing (students who have a need for specific housing). Students requesting off-campus housing must complete the Commuter Request Form. Contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing at reslife@hartwick.edu for specific questions.

Information for Non-Residential (Commuter) Transfer Students
Students planning to commute must register their vehicle with the Office of Campus Safety in Dewar Union to obtain a parking sticker. The parking sticker will allow commuting students special access to designated parking spaces on campus.

'Wick 101 Course for Transfer Students
Transfer students will be enrolled in a transitions course which is led by a professional staff member and an upperclass student who previously transferred to Hartwick. This class is designed to familiarize you with the processes and resources specific to Hartwick; it meets throughout the first eight weeks of the  semester and will be automatically added to your first semester course schedule.

Honour Harlowe '16

Honour Harlowe '16

Honour Harlowe '16 student profile

Learn More