Assessment at Hartwick
Assessment at Hartwick refers to an ongoing and intentional process designed to monitor and determine the extent to which our curricular, co-curricular, and institutional areas and processes support the achievement of Hartwick’s Mission. This webpage provides useful information and resources to help support assessment efforts at Hartwick.
If you cannot find what you need here, please stop by the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness in Breese Hall 322.
- Assessment Network of New York – ANNY was established to assist New York’s colleges and universities in their efforts to assess student learning and institutional effectiveness.
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment – Established in 2008, the mission of the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) is to discover and disseminate ways that academic programs and institutions can productively use assessment data internally to inform and strengthen undergraduate education, and externally to communicate with policy makers, families and other stakeholders.
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) – AAC&U develops and advances assessment practices that deepen, integrate, and demonstrate student learning, through advocacy of learning-centered assessment policies, support for campus work to develop meaningful assessment approaches, and experimentation with common e-portfolio frameworks.
- Student Affairs Assessment Leaders (SAAL) – SAAL’s main goal is to provide the opportunity for educators that coordinate assessment for divisions of student affairs to discuss issues to improve their work.
- Faculty Innovation Center at the University of Texas – Overview of tools that can be used while teaching to assess learning and move beyond grading as an tool for assessment.
- Discipline Specific – Find links and resources related to specific academic discplines