Hartwick College uses a printing technology called Uniprint. Uniprint allows the college to monitor printing, curb wasteful printing, and recoup the cost of toner and paper which are used in the public facilities that are available to students.
When a student prints to a public access printer, they are required to enter their network username and password.
Uniprint reports the cost of the print job and requires them to click OK to print (or cancel if they don’t want to).
Uniprint printer locations:
- Clark Hall Computer Lab (Clark 152)
- Johnstone Science Center Computer Lab (JSC 225)
- Stevens-German Library (4th floor)
- Golisano Hall (3rd floor)
- Dewar Hall (Stack Lounge) – available 24 hours/day
- Yager Hall (John Christopher’s Cafe) – available 24 hours/day
Free printing for students: Each student has the following ‘free printing’ balance added to their Uniprint account:
- $7.50 each fall term that they are registered for courses
- $2.25 each J Term that they are registered for courses
- $7.50 each spring term that they are registered for courses
- $2.25 each summer that they are registered for courses
Unused balances will roll over from term to term until a student graduates or withdraws. A student may view their Uniprint, WICKit and Meal Plan balances at www.hartwick.edu/eAccounts. Free printing (Uniprint) funds are not refundable.
Chargeable printing for students: After the free printing (Uniprint) funds are exhausted, the student’s WICKit balance is charged for printing at the following rates:
- $0.03 (3 cents) per page for single-sided black and white printing
- $0.20 (20 cents) per page for single-sided color printing (Yager Library Color Printer)
- $0.03 (3 cents) for the first side and $.02 cents for the second side per page for double-sided black and white printing
- $0.20 (20 cents) for the first side and $.16 cents for the second side per page for double-sided color printing (Yager Library Color Printer)
Charges are made to the student’s WICKit balance. If there is no WICKit balance, the student will be unable to print after his/her free print funds are exhausted. Students should be aware that clicking the print command multiple times results in multiple print jobs and therefore multiple charges.
Printing From a Laptop or Smartphone Instructions
- From your computer, send documents to print:
- Then print the job from the browser of any device that can log in to http://printcenter.hartwick.edu, including a mobile phone. iPhone requires the free iOS mobile app.
About the Pharos Print mobile app for iPhone/iPad:
- iPhone requires the app to access printcenter.hartwick.edu
- Search the app store for Pharos Print
- When installing, provide the server name printcenter.hartwick.edu and port # 443
- Log in once with your network username and password
- Now use your phone’s browser to go to printcenter.hartwick.edu, log in, configure, check pricing, and print
If you have questions about printing or charges, or need other assistance, please contact the Technology Resource Center at 607-431-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.