COVID-19 FAQ – Library
Do I have to wear a mask in the library?
- Yes, the college requires masks to be worn at all times when in public spaces on campus, inside or outside.
Food and Drink:
Will I be able to eat or drink inside the library?
- Because masks must be worn at all times, eating or drinking within the library space will not be allowed.
Working in Groups:
Will I be able to do group-study sessions in the library?
- You may meet with others in the library space to study. Remember: ALL members of a study group must wear masks at ALL times, and must keep a distance of 6 feet apart at ALL times.
Checking out and returning books:
How do I check out books from the library?
- First, send the Circulation Desk staff information about the items you want– at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library staff will retrieve the items and check them out in your name.
- Your items will be placed on a book truck outside the main glass doors of the library, marked “Library Pick-Up.”
- You will be notified, and you may then pick up the items at your convenience.
- Note: Pick-ups of Interlibrary Loan requests will also be handled this way.
How do I return books?
- The library has a drop box just outside the main doors to Yager Hall. Please feel free to use it at any time, whether the library is open or closed.
What if I am taking classes remotely?
- Contact the circulation desk at, email@example.com, with information about the items you want, and we will ship them to you free of charge.
- Ship them back to us when they are due and the library will reimburse you for return shipping.
- Note: the same process applies for items you request on Interlibrary Loan.
Reference desk assistance:
Do I have to come to the library to get help with research?
- Any student can access the reference desk remotely,
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org any reference/research assistance you may need. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sanitization in the library:
- Bottles of hand sanitizer will be all over the library space. Please use frequently!
- The library staff will be sanitizing/disinfecting surfaces such as door handles, counters, furniture, and common electronic equipment on a regular basis each day.
- We will also monitor usage of tables, study carrels, and computers, and sanitize/disinfect those surfaces after those spots are vacated.
- All library items that are returned or otherwise touched will be quarantined and unavailable for 4 days. Once the quarantine period is over the items will be returned to the shelves.
Library Instructional Classes
- The library will offer instructional classes remotely at the request of faculty either via Zoom or pre-recorded video tutorials.