Back To Top
Your first year is under your belt! You’re on the right track for success – don’t stop now!
Here are suggestions for steps you can take during your second year at Hartwick for your career development:
- Update your resume to reflect all that you did last year and over the summer.
- Explore and choose a major or pick up a minor by talking to faculty and students and attending the Majors and Minors Fair.
- Meet with a career advisor to talk more about defining your goals and taking advantage of experiential learning opportunities like job shadowing, externships, internships, and off-campus programs.
- Apply for an Emerson or Duffy Scholarship to fund an internship or research project during your junior year.
- Attend Career Development events to gain access to insider tips and network with professionals.
- Update your Linkedin profile and join an interest group.
- Build your profile and search for internships on WICKWorks.
- Attend the Internship and Opportunities EXPO.
- Research additional internship and research opportunities and apply for a summer opportunity.
- Join a club and consider leadership role to hone your professional skills.
- Get an on- or off-campus job.
- Volunteer in the community. Gain skills while supporting your neighbors.