AccessAbility Services in the Center for Student Success provides an alternate testing service for eligible students.
Students with documented disabilities are entitled by law to receive academic adjustments (modifications and/or auxiliary aids) provided by the College. Academic adjustments do not lower academic standards, alter a course’s essential requirements, or provide an advantage to a student; they provide equal access to the College. AccessAbility Services must approve all students requests for testing services.
Students with documented disabilities seeking testing services must contact AccessAbility Services at AccessAbilityServices@hartwick.edu or 607-431-4546.
Testing Services Procedures:
- Students must receive this service on their Academic Plan prior to requesting;
- All students must schedule tests 1-2 days prior to a scheduled exam;
- Students must complete the Test Request Form;
- Instructors must clearly communicate how they will deliver exams to the Center for Student Success: electronically to AccessAbilityServices@hartwick.edu or hand delivered to the Center for Student Success;
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to pick up completed exams at the Center for Student Success or clearly specify on the Test Request Form the best option for delivery of a completed exam: by student or interoffice mail.
Please note: Once students have submitted the online Test Request Form, faculty MUST respond to the email and complete the remainder of the form.