Planning your first college course schedule is an important and exciting milestone in your academic journey.
Learn more before telling us what you want to study!
Review the following information about majors, courses, and academic planning:
- First Year Seminars – course titles & descriptions of FYS options; you will have an opportunity to indicate your top preferences, so be sure to review.
- College Catalog – course descriptions, major descriptions, general education & major requirements, official academic policies.
- If you are unsure about your choice of major, visit the Exploratory Students webpage.
Help us make the best schedule for you:
Online placement exams for math, language (as needed), and writing help us make sure we are scheduling you for appropriate courses. These must be completed by June 1. Note that chemistry placements will be administered on campus during Welcome Week.
- Math Placement: All students take the math placement since many courses require a math level. Results of the placement are used to establish your math level; however, it does not mean that you must take a math course. For more information and to access the exam, visit the Placement Exams page.
- Language Placement: Language Placement should be taken by anyone with at least one year of high school French or Spanish. For more information and to access the exam, visit the Placement Exams page.
- Writing Placement: All students take the Writing Placement Exam. Results of the placement are used to determine your Writing Level. For more information and to access the exam, click here Placement Exams page.
Select your course preferences (due June 1):
Log in to your Hartwick Gmail account with your user name and password, then click the Academic Course Planner to enter the form where you let us know your academic interests and course preferences. If you have trouble with access, or have forgotten your log in information, contact Information Technology at email@example.com or 607-431-HELP (4357).
Look for your course schedule in July:
The information you submit will be used to create your course schedule, which will be released to you via WebAdvisor in early July (watch for an email from the Advising Office with instructions for accessing your schedule online).
Adjustments to course schedules based on changing preferences, a change in major, placement exam results, etc. can be requested when you meet with an academic advisor during Welcome Week or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re excited to work with you to prepare for your first semester at Hartwick. If you have questions regarding the course planning process, please contact Associate Director of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising Joe Ficano at email@example.com , 607-431-4564, or Samantha Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-431-4460.