Planning your first college course schedule is an important and exciting milestone in your academic journey.
Learn more before telling us what you want to study!
Review the following information about majors, courses, and academic planning:
- First Year Seminars – course titles & descriptions of FYS options; you will have an opportunity to indicate your top preferences, so be sure to review.
- College Catalog – course descriptions, major descriptions, general education & major requirements, official academic policies.
- Liberal Arts in Practice General Education Curriculum – the general education requirements apply to all students, regardless of major (for an overview of our curriculum, as well as detailed description of requirements, please see pages 17-19 in the College Catalog).
- Graduation Requirement Worksheets – outline of requirements for particular majors you’re considering.
- If you are unsure about your choice of major, visit the Exploratory Students webpage.
Help us make the best schedule for you:
Online placement exams for math and language (as needed) help us make sure we are scheduling you for appropriate courses. These must be completed by June 1. Note that the writing and chemistry placements will be administered on site during Welcome Weekend.
- Math Placement: All students take the math placement since many courses require a math level. Results of the placement are used to establish your math level; however, it does not mean that you must take a math course. For more information and to access the exam, visit the Placement Exams page.
- Language Placement: Language Placement should be taken by anyone with at least one year of high school French or Spanish. For more information and to access the exam, visit the Placement Exams page.
Select your course preferences:
Complete the online Academic Course Planner (ACP) by June 1. To log in use your Hartwick user name and password. If you have trouble with access, or have forgotten your log in information, contact Information Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-431-HELP (4357).
Look for your course schedule in Jule:
The information you submit will be used to create your course schedule, which will be released to you via WebAdvisor in early July (watch for an email from the Advising Office with instructions for accessing your schedule online).
Adjustments to course schedules based on changing preferences, a change in major, placement exam results, etc. can be requested when you meet with an academic advisor during Welcome Weekend or by emailing email@example.com
We’re excited to work with you to prepare for your first semester at Hartwick. If you have questions regarding the course registration process, please contact Coordinator of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising Joe Ficano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-431-4564.