Transfer Student Housing

On-campus Housing:

The Office of Residential Life and Housing will house transfer students based on the preferences selected on the Housing and Roommate Preference Questionnaire. Hartwick primarily offers traditional corridor-style residence hall rooms with single, double, and triple occupancies. Transfer students have the option to live with another new transfer student or with a returning Hartwick student

Off-campus Housing:

Students are generally required to live on campus through their senior year. The Office of Residential Life and Housing will make some exceptions to this policy and will work with transfer students to provide the best possible housing situation. Exceptions to this can include, but are not limited to, commuting students (family lives within 30 miles of campus), students who have lived in an off-campus environment at their previous institutions, and Special Accommodations Housing (students who have a need for specific housing). Students requesting off-campus housing must complete the Commuter Request Form. Contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing at with specific questions.

Information for Non-Residential (Commuter) Transfer Students:

Students planning to commute must register their vehicle with the Office of Campus Safety in Dewar Union to obtain a parking sticker. The parking sticker will allow commuting students special access to designated parking spaces on campus. Commuter students can also request a locker space in the commuter lounge on the 3rd floor of Dewar Union. Check with the Office of Campus Activities for locker information (located on the 4th floor of Dewar Union).