Accelerate your ambitions in the sciences with Hartwick’s 4+1 BS/MS in Translational Biomedical Research Management.
Get a competitive advantage in this high-demand field with an expedited and cost-effective advanced degree in Translational Biomedical Research Management.
Begin your graduate-level coursework as a Hartwick undergraduate, and jumpstart your master’s degree studies. Combine on-line synchronous and asynchronous learning with applied hands-on experiences through capstone projects, internships, team-building activities, and workshops.
Hartwick’s 4+1 program is designed especially for majors in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, health economics, nursing, public health, psychology, and sociology. Students minoring in these fields may be considered and should inquire about their eligibility; email TBRM@hartwick.edu before applying.
Get Started Now
As a first-year student, be prepared to start the accelerated sequence in the fall of your sophomore year. (Public Health majors may apply in their sophomore year and begin the sequence in fall of their junior year.)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 before beginning the 4+1 sequence.
- Complete at least one of each of the following courses:
o MATH108, MATH121, MATH220, MATH233, MATH235, or CISC120
o BIOL191 or BIOL163
- Apply in the spring semester before you plan to enroll in the accelerated sequence.
- Complete Hartwick’s TBRM 4+1 application form; include your signature and that of your academic advisor AND department chair.
- Provide contact information for three academic or professional references.
- Include an unofficial transcript (PDF format) verifying completion of course prerequisites and your cumulative GPA.
- Include your resume and a brief description of research experience to date, if any.
- Submit a statement of your interest in the accelerated 4+1 sequence and how earning this BS/MS will advance your career goals.
- Email your complete application package to TBRM@hartwick.edu.
Members of Hartwick’s graduate faculty will review your credentials and make their admission decision within two weeks of receiving your completed application.
Earning the 4+1 BS/MS TBRM
A minimum cumulative GPA 3.5 will be required throughout your BS/MS studies.
Students with less than one year of clinical or research experience will enroll in a longitudinal experiential internship spanning at least three academic terms. Opportunities include the Public Health Internship and the Translational Research Internship.
With the approval of your undergraduate academic advisor and department chair, you will enroll in graduate courses for undergraduate elective credit. Advanced opportunities include:
- Introduction to Translational Biomedical Research Management
- Biostatistics and Informatics in Translational Biomedical Research Management
- Molecular Genetics & Personalized Medicine
- Project Management in Clinical Trials
As an accelerated TBRM master’s degree candidate, you will receive advanced standing status upon formal acceptance into the graduate program and will be enrolled directly into the second year of study toward your master’s degree. The graduate credits you will have earned through the accelerated 4+1 sequence will be applied to your graduate course of study.
For More Information
Please contact email@example.com or 607-431-4404.