Controlled Check-In Process for January Term 2021
Arrival to Campus
Please carefully review all information below prior to your arrival on campus.
To ensure that all students comply with the requirements of the Controlled Check-In Process, all WICKit cards have been frozen. The WICKit freeze will be lifted after you arrive on campus and complete the Controlled Check-In process.
- All students will be assigned a Check-In date and time. At this time, you are not permitted to arrive outside of the assigned date and time. You should have received this email between December 18, 2020, and December 21, 2020, from Residential Life.
- All students must arrive on campus via the main entrance on West Street by Saxton Hall. The Clinton Street entrance will only be an exit. There will be representatives of the college at both the Saxton and Holmes parking lot restricting entry until you complete the Controlled Check-In Process.
- All students who live on the main campus will then proceed to Lambros Arena to be screened, complete the check-in process and receive additional information about the short-term quarantine process and support.
- All students who live on the Pine Lake campus will be required to come to the Robertson Lodge main office to be screened, complete the check-in process and receive additional information about the short-term quarantine process and support.
- Please review all required documentation in the section below.
- When you have completed the Controlled Check-In Process at Lambros, you will be required to proceed directly to your residence hall and to enter your room to begin the required quarantine at which time your WickIt card will be reactivated.
Please review each section to ensure that you have completed all necessary forms. If you are unsure that you have completed a form, please complete that form. A duplicate submission is better than no submission. Completing all forms prior to arrival will expedite your check in process.
All forms require you to be signed into your Hartwick email. If you are experiencing issues, please open an Incognito Window and then log into your Hartwick email and complete the forms from there. Instructions for opening an incognito window for various browsers can be found here.
ALL students must complete the following items:
- Provide a negative COVID-19 test result with a collection date no more than 72 hours prior to arrival
- Complete the Pre-Arrival Health Screening Form
- Download the CampusClear App
The College has adopted the #CampusClear mobile app to gather daily information about the health of everyone in the Hartwick community.
Please download the app and follow the start-up instructions.
You will get a prompt seven days per week to fill out the health survey. If you have no symptoms, it is just one click and you are good to go. If you have one or more symptoms, the app will reply with instructions about what you need to do.
Here is where to find your app and get started:
If you will be using the web app, please also fill out this form so we can be sure you get the daily reminder.
ANY students who were NOT on campus for the Fall 2020 term must complete the following items:
ALL students who are traveling to campus from outside of New York State must complete the following form:
ANY students who have dietary restrictions that Dining Services should know about for meal delivery during the initial required quarantine should complete this form:
ALL STUDENTS will be required to quarantine upon their return to campus. There will be NO exceptions.
On day four of your quarantine you are required to receive a COVID-19 test that will be administered in Dewar Hall. This is NOT the naso-pharyngeal test you had this fall but is a less intrusive anterior nasal test.
You MUST sign up for a time slot. You received the link to do so in an email between December 18, 2020, and December 21, 2020. It is expected that your test results will be in 24-36 hours. Your quarantine period will end when you are notified by the Perrella Health Center.
If you do not take this test on day four, you will be required to complete a full 14-day quarantine.
We learned much during the fall semester about supporting students during a quarantine period and below are some important details for you to know:
* All starred items will have associated links. Each link will be shared with you or posted below.
Meals & Food
- For residents in traditional halls: 3 Meals per day will be made available for pick up in the lobby of our hall at specific times.
- For residents of the Townhouses, the Apartments, and Pine Lake: Meal Kits for cooking will be provided.
- Grocery Ordering will be available.*
- Afternoon Snacks will be available.
Activities & Events
- Daily Yoga or workouts will be available virtually.
- Daily special events/activities sponsored by different groups will be available virtually.
- Quarantine Boxes will be delivered on January 15.
- Laundry Room appointment slots will be available by building/area.*
- Mail and Package delivery will be available.*
- If you run out of something essential you will be able to order it.*
FAQ for Controlled Check-In Process
Q: I don’t have my room key!
A: Please contact Residential Life prior to your Check-In date to arrange for one to be provided.
Q: I need to move stuff in, what do I do?
A: Only students will be allowed into the residence halls. Hand trucks will be available in the lobby of each building.
Q: Will there be hot meals served while we are in quarantine?
A: Yes! Aramark will be serving hot meals three times a day in the lobby of each residence hall. Residence Life will be providing you with the details of this prior to your return to campus in January.
Q: When will I know if I am cleared to end my return to campus quarantine?
A: This information will be shared with you from the Perrella Health Center. If you fail to receive the required Covid test on day four of your return, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen (14) days.
Q: Can I get food delivered through outside vendors?
A: No. Vendors such as DoorDash, UberEats, or other delivery companies will not be permitted until further notice.
Q: Can I get groceries delivered through outside vendors?
A: No. We encourage you to work with Aramark Dining who is offering this service for a temporary basis. More information will be provided soon.