Registration & Payment Information
Due to NYS guidelines and college reopening plans, the Fall 2020 Awakening Program has been canceled.
Program Information Document
The total fee to participate in the Awakening Program is $400.00, which includes a $100 deposit. There are a few ways you can choose to pay for this program including:
- Online payment from a checking account, savings account, or credit card (*credit card payments will incur an additional fee)
- This total fee can be charged to your Hartwick account (appearing on your first Hartwick bill)
- A check can be made out to Hartwick College and sent in the mail to: Director of Awakening, Hartwick College, 1 Hartwick Drive, Oneonta, NY 13820.
Complete the following online/electronic forms:
- Awakening Registration Form
- Awakening Medical & Release Waiver Form
Awakening Program Credit Option for 2020:
- PHED-105 Awakening Physical Education (1 credit): Experiential learning through various aspects of Adventure following Challenge by Choice Ethics. Activities may include: hiking, camping, swimming, boating, challenge course elements, community service, cooking, character development, reflection, and more!
- If you cancel before June 15th, your $100 deposit will be refunded.
- If you cancel between June 15th – July 15th, there will be no refund of your deposit.
- If you cancel after July 15th, there will be no refund of your deposit and a drop fee of $50 will be assessed.
- If you withdraw after beginning the program, refunds on the balance will be made only for serious health reasons.
Limited to 50 students on a first-come, first-served basis.
Before You Register:
- If you plan to be on an athletic team, check with your coach about possible conflicts between Awakening and pre-season activities.
For more information, call the Director of Awakening at 607-431-4547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival & Registration For Awakening
We are looking forward to seeing you very soon at Hartwick for the Awakening Program. This is a last reminder of important information for you.
Registration Day Schedule:
9am – Noon: Registration for Awakening at Saxton Hall 1st Floor Lounge. Saxton Hall is the first building on the left when you pull into Hartwick Drive (Hartiwck’s Main Entrance) from West Street. Vehicles can park in Saxton’s small parking lot or the parking lot above in the Holmes Hall parking lot. Follow signs and or staff to the 1st floor lobby for check-in. You MUST register at Saxton Hall to receive the day’s schedule and pick up your room keys.
9am – Noon: Move in to residence hall. You will be able to move directly into your residence hall room on the main campus once you pick up your keys at Registration. Check in with your RA in your building, then you may unload your gear in your room. Be sure to have your Awakening gear all packed, in two separate bags as per your What to Bring list on our Safety and Requirements Webpage.
NOTE: For students living at Pine Lake, you will be able to store your gear for the year at Pine Lake during this time frame. Access to your gear will be available after Awakening finishes, at which time you may move into your room at Pine Lake. Transportation will be provided to necessary campus events during Welcome Weekend. Please contact the Director of Awakening at 607-431-4547 or email@example.com for details.
Noon – 1:30: Lunch. A cash lunch is available at the Commons or Table Rock Cafe on campus (Dewar Student Union), or you may choose to go out to lunch at one of Oneonta’s restaurants.
1:30 – 2:00pm: Travel to Pine Lake Campus for Formal Welcome to Awakening. The Pine Lake Environmental Campus is located about 8 miles from the main campus; plan on 20 minutes travel time. We have tried to post signage at significant corners. DIRECTIONS: Take I-88 east toward Albany to Exit 16 and turn right toward Davenport Center. After 3 miles take a sharp left onto Charlotte Creek Road at the Pine Lake sign. After 2 miles, look for the Pine Lake Environmental Campus on the right behind the trees. The main lodge is a large 2-story white building with pillars. Park in the parking lot and proceed to the kiosk or Lodge for information.
2:00pm: Welcome and Program Introduction: All students and parents will meet downhill from the Lodge, in our Rec. Building by the Lake for a brief welcome and introduction to Awakening. We will provide a few last minutes for final goodbyes, hugs, and selfies! Students will then divide into small groups and depart directly from the gathering with their new friends and leaders, while parents are invited to stay for an optional meeting with the Directors and Staff to receive a complete description of Awakening events (including a tour), emergency phone numbers, and answers to any questions they may have. All parent events should conclude by 3:00 p.m.
Contact Information on Registration Day:
In case of emergency or change of plans on your part, please contact our Director at 607-431-4520 at any time on Registration Day and Evening to let us know your plans. This is very important so that we don’t hold up the whole program, thank you.
After the Awakening program is over, students will be transported back to the main campus by noon on Wednesday of the program. Welcome Weekend officially begins at 12noon Wednesday and will host a BBQ lunch for all students and families on campus. Contact the Center for Student Success at 607-431-4195 for more information about Welcome Weekend.
“Every experience teaches us something, this taught me tons that will help me through my life.”
Amanda Gingue ’06
During August, you will receive a friendly letter from one of your group leaders with reminders and information about your Awakening experience. In the meantime, if you have any other questions about the Awakening program, please feel free to contact the Director of Awakening at 607-431-4547 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a terrific set of events planned for you!