Back To Top
Carlena Cochi Ficano, Professor of Economics and Business Administration and Accounting Department Chair
229 Golisano Hall
Areas of expertise:
labor economics, applied econometrics, social policy on low income family well-being, the economics of higher education and, most recently, local economic development.
Ph.D., Cornell University
Recent courses taught:
- The Marketplace
- Microbes, Markets, and Food
- Labor Economics
- The Economics of Race and Gender
- Principles of microeconomics
- “Childcare Policy and Practice” in The SAGE Encyclopedia of Contemporary Early Childhood Education, Donna L. Couchenour and Kent Chrisman, eds. New York, NY: Sage Publications. 2015.
- “SAT” in Encyclopedia of Education Economics and Finance, Dominic Brewer and Lawrence Picus,eds. New York, NY: Sage Publications. 2014.
- “Tree Huggers and Road Warriors: Fuel Efficiency Rebound in the Presence of Hybrids” (with Patrick Thompson ’12). American Economist, Fall, 2014.
- “Peer Effects in Higher Education: Gender Matters.” Economics of Education Review, December 2012, 31(6).
College service and professional affiliations:
- Faculty Council Representative
- Member of the Retention Advisory Council
- American Economic Association
- Population Association of America
- Academy of Management