MUSEUM STUDIES SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES
MUSEUM STUDIES AND THE YAGER MUSEUM
Museum studies courses offer experiential learning with the collections, exhibitions and public programs of the Yager Museum of Art and Culture. Affiliated with Hartwick College since 1929, the Yager is the Oneonta area’s only art museum and a leading regional collection of Native American and other ethnographic art and artifacts.
MUSEUM STUDIES INTERNSHIPS
Museum studies students have completed internships with:
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame
- The New York State Museum Archaeology Department
- The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
- The Edward Hopper House Art Center
- The Hyde Collection
- Hanford Mills Museum
- The Racing Museum and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs
- Historic Huguenot Street in New Paltz
- The National Park Service in Fredericksburg, Virginia
- The Community Arts Network of Oneonta
- The Greater Oneonta Historical Society
WORK-STUDY AT THE YAGER MUSEUM
Students who receive Work-Study funding as part of their financial aid package are eligible to apply for Museum Assistant positions at the Yager Museum of Art and Culture.
MUSEUM AND GALLERY CLUB
The Museum and Gallery Club provides opportunities for students to experience the world of museums and galleries in Oneonta and beyond.