Landscape of Hartwick

Your Next Steps

You're a Hartwick Hawk: Congratulations!

Get ready to start your Hartwick experience for Fall 2024.

This page is home to all the important forms you need and dates you need to know.

Questions? We’re here to help.

You can get started on this page as soon as you receive your Hartwick email account login information.
Coming soon to the email address you used on your application!

Accessing and setting up your network accounts

Instructions: Set up by June 30

Your first step toward this fall is to set up your college Google and Microsoft-based accounts: you will
need them to complete other steps along your way.

Questions? The Technology Resource Center is your go-to resource.

Housing & Roommate Assignments

Residential Housing & Roommate Application: Due June 30
Notification of Housing Placement starts late June

Your housing application is how the Office of Residential Life & Housing places you with a roommate based on your interest and answers to roommate matching questions. We want to make you the best possible placement: please be honest and thorough with your answers.

Here are step-by-step instructions on how to complete your housing application.

Questions? The Office of Residential Life and Housing works on your room assignment.

Building Your Class Schedule

Course Planning Guide: Due June 30

Access our Course Planning Guide tutorial and/or attend a workshop for support.

Nursing students should complete the course planning guide to learn more about Self-Service and pick a few FLP 102 options. Other courses will be planned for 3YD and 4YD nursing students for the first semester. Please be sure to submit any official college transcripts to ensure credit for college courses.

Writing & Mathematics Placement: Due June 30

Receive your schedule: mid-July

Learn more about Self-Service and plan some courses with the Course Planning Guide (CPG). Make sure you complete your Writing Directed Self-Placement questionnaire and Math Placement tests.

Transfer Credit: Took AP exams or college courses elsewhere? Here’s what to know.

Questions? The Registrar’s Office works on your schedule. Nursing students’ schedules are created by the Office of Academic Affairs Liaison to Nursing.


Need academic accommodations?

Voluntary Disclosure of Disability: We recommend submitting as soon as possible.

Students requesting academic adjustments based on documented disabilities can complete this form; we recommend submitting it as soon as possible to ensure your academic plan is in place for the start of the semester.

Questions? The Office of AccessAbility Services provides individualized support and services.

Your student I.D. (WICKit)

Submit your ideal photo and your card awaits you upon your arrival!

Submit your photo: due August 5

Each student receives a WICKit card, which serves as your college ID and can be used for the following:

  • Access to your resident hall.
  • Access to your meal plan in The Commons.
  • Access to a reloadable balance, which can be used at our dining facilities, vending machines, and the bookstore.

Billing and Financial Forms

Review and acknowledge our financial policies and access your bill.


The Office of Student Accounts oversees your bill and payments. They work closely with the Financial Aid Office in applying aid to your bill.

Review the New Hawks Billing Checklist

Financial Responsibility Form

Due June 30

Download Form
Semester Bill

Will be sent July 15 - Due August 5

View E-Bill

Health Forms and Wellness Education

Health and Insurance Forms via our PyraMed portal: Portal Available June 1; Due July 15
Use your Hartwick username and password to log in to this portal.

All new students are required to have a complete immunization record and physical examination within the 12 months prior to their arrival on campus. Per NCAA regulations, student-athlete physicals must be within 6 months of the athlete’s first participation at Hartwick and documentation of Sickle Cell Screening must be provided. Nursing majors must also note additional required immunizations.

Nursing Student Criminal Background Check: Due July 15

Nursing students must also complete a required Criminal Background Check with our partner CastleBranch. Instructions for account set up will be emailed to the student’s Hartwick email. You can access help here and, if needed, contact support for additional assistance. Please note that no other criminal background check completed prior to enrollment is acceptable. Results will be sent directly to the Clinical Coordinator by CastleBranch.

AlcoholEDU for College & Sexual Assault Prevention: Due August 7

Every new Hartwick student is required to complete part 1 of AlcoholEdu® for College & Sexual Assault Prevention. We require both online modules and a score of 75% or higher on AlcoholEdu®. You will receive an email explaining how how to set up and start your online modules when available.

Questions? The Perrella Wellness Center is here for your health needs. Student Experience can answer questions on the online training.

Final High School Transcript- Deadline July 15

As required by the New York State Education Department, we must receive a final official copy of your high school transcript that lists your graduation date. This is necessary to finalize enrollment and financial aid.

Please request that your high school send this document through their electronic provider (such as Naviance, Parchment, Clearinghouse), via email to, or through the mail:

Hartwick College
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4022
Oneonta, New York 13820

Be sure to also request an official transcript from all colleges where you have completed coursework, so we can be sure to apply all eligible credits to your Hartwick College program.

Other Items

Additional requirements based upon the interests you are choosing to pursue.

Due June 30
Take this exam if you plan to study a foreign language.

Access Exam


Due June 30

Access Exam

Wish to accept your invitation?

Enroll Now

Wish to accept your invitation?

Enroll Now

Students must send a copy of their Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers to Ms. Donna Moore, Clinical Coordinator, at Please note that only certifications through the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association are acceptable. The skills session of the course must be completed in person. A limited number of seats may be available for an in person course for students who can not find a course in their area. More details will be available after August 1.

Head coaches will communicate with new first-year and transfer student-athletes during the course of the summer months regarding requirements that must be completed in order to be cleared to participate in intercollegiate athletics. PLEASE MONITOR YOUR HARTWICK COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATIONS FROM YOUR HEAD COACH.

Help Me Keep Track:

What’s My Timeline?

Your first steps are to set up your Hartwick accounts and download Navigate, your mobile guide to everything Hartwick!

Receive your course schedule and room assignment.

Home is Where the Hawk Is: Residence Hall Preview Days (optional).

Check out your actual room: measure, plan, pack, and dream for Fall.

Make a day of it: we’d love to arrange any other appointments you’d like around your chosen room preview hour–just share what you’re hoping to do!

Learn More & Register

Health and insurance forms via our PyraMed portal
• Final, official high school transcript and any college transcripts (must be sent by school)

• Fall term bill due
• Insurance Election Form
• AlcoholEDU for College & Sexual Assault Prevention
Photo for student ID

If applicable:
• Scholar-Athlete Forms (your coach will share your required documents with you)
Add to your bring-to-college checklist:
• Social security card and one photo ID

Be sure to have these with you if you plan to work on campus.


As a community that knows all about steps (we have more than a few on campus!), we congratulate you on completing all of the above steps to make it to campus. Here’s what you can expect for your first days, weeks, and months as a Hawk.

Check the 2024-2025 Academic Calendar for complete fall semester, J Term, and spring semester dates.

You and your fellow new students (soon-to-be friends) arrive to campus!

Wick Week 2024!
This is your new student orientation on campus. Join your Orientation Leader and meet your new classmates, connect with student leaders on campus, and participate in traditional Hartwick events while getting to know your way around campus. Over these five days you’ll have the chance to settle in as you prepare for your first semester. You’ll learn more about what you can expect during your time on Oyaron Hill and what it means to be a Hawk—all while getting a taste of campus life, having fun, and making connections at all of our free social events.

Fall semester classes start.
Hartwick’s Discover Your Place first year seminar gives you opportunities to learn more about yourself and your strengths as well as about Hartwick and Oneonta. In addition to helping orient you to Hartwick resources and the places and people around you, each seminar has its own academic focus related to the greater Oneonta area.

True Blue Weekend: families are invited to this community celebration!