DINING AT HARTWICK
In the Commons, our main dining hall, you’ll choose a meal plan that brings an all-you-can-eat menu featuring daily hot entrée options, salad choices, pizzas, chicken nuggets (a Hartwick favorite!), grilled options, and a healthy stir-fry station. Everything is served to you by our staff for a friendly, personalized dining experience.
Each week we dedicate a night to exploring ethnic cuisines. We also offer daily vegan and vegetarian specials, and look out for surprise pop-up dining events. Have food sensitivities or special needs? Don’t worry. John Tompkins, our director of dining services, will work with you to accommodate food allergies, religious observations, or other dietary restrictions. He also hosts a weekly open roundtable to gather student feedback, so you can share your thoughts, ideas, and even recipes you’d like to try!
In the mood for a quick sandwich, some wings, or other snacks? Head to Table Rock Café in Dewar Union. It’s open until 12 midnight for a study break.
Stop in at John Christopher’s Café in Yager Hall, just outside the library, for a great cup of coffee, delicious specialty drink, or a sweet treat.
The Micro Market in Johnstone Science Center is open weekdays from 6 a.m. until 12 midnight and weekends from 7:30 a.m. until 12 midnight.
Campus Community Dining
We are committed to providing fresh, quality meals in a courteous and timely manner in a friendly community atmosphere.
Please recognize campus policies while your enjoy our campus dining locations; and, adhere to our Dining Code of Conduct.
– Please do not use inappropriate language.
– No disruptive behavior, i.e. shouting or throwing food, is allowed.
– Food containers (tupperware or styrofoam containers) are not permitted in The Commons.
– Theft will be reported to Campus Safety and will be handled accordingly.
– Shirts and shoes are required.
– You must have a WickIt card with a valid Meal Plan to enter The Commons. We are not responsible for lost or forgotten cards.
– Letting someone else use your Meal Plan is against campus policy. WickIt cards found in the possession of others will be confiscated in all circumstances.
– Please report stolen WickIt cards ASAP. New WickIt card costs $16.20. Once a new card is made, the old card is de-activated and cannot be re-activated.
– We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not leave valuables unattended in The Commons.
– Any expense associated with the misuse of the Meal Plan, WickIt card or dining facilities will be the responsibility of the offender.
To ensure everyone has the option of enjoying their meals in our dining rooms, we ask your cooperation in observing these guidelines. Dining Services reserves the right to refuse admission to our dining facilities in the event these guidelines are not followed.