The Office of Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs is charged with ensuring that that the College has high-quality faculty and a strong liberal arts curriculum that prepares students for life-long learning, rewarding careers, and interesting lives.
- Personnel records office: maintain personnel files for all faculty members
- Hire in consultation with departments and department chairs
- Professional Development: provide financial support for professional meetings; professional memberships; grants; endowed chairs and awards; teaching and learning; assessment
- Evaluations: teaching, scholarship, and service
- Faculty office assignments, office hours, and collect course syllabi
Curriculum (in consultation with faculty)
- Oversee academic instruction
- Work with Faculty Council on what will be taught and on evaluating the curriculum
- Overall assessment of student learning and student success
- Liaison to programs relating to the first-year experience and student success
- Probation and dismissal in conjunction with the Academic Standards Committee
- Petitions to Committee on Academic Standards in conjunction with the Registrar’s Office
- Academic misconduct (plagiarism, cheating, forgery of signatures, etc.)
- Irresolvable conflicts with faculty members
- Diversifying the campus in terms of students and programming
Updated class cancellation information is received in the Office of Academic Affairs. This section will be updated only when classes are cancelled. If there are any classes cancelled today, you will see them listed below.
Meet the Academic Affairs Staff
Laurel Bongiorno, Ph.D.
Mondays from 12:15 – 1:15 p.m., via Zoom
OFFICE OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Bresee Hall Room 205
Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.