Institutional Research & Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness supports the College’s mission by collecting, analyzing and reporting data about Hartwick College, its constituents and peer institutions. It enables offices to monitor achievement on the Organizing Principles and Strategic Framework, and to assess the progress and success of Flightpath.
- Coordinates federal and state reporting
- Provides data to college guidebooks
- Responds to diverse data requests from the internal campus community, outside accrediting agencies and other external organizations
- Serves as an information resource for assessment of student learning and institutional effectiveness
- Enhance data sharing and improve transparency
- Provide timely and consistent data in support of administration decision making
- Coordinate and submit accurate data for the external reporting to government agencies and other organizations
- Provide support for college-wide assessment activities
The Fact Sheet is compiled each academic year by the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness. It is designed to provide a convenient and concise source of information from key College units. The facts and figures presented are intended to answer frequently requested inquires.
WICKBOOK (HARTWICK FACTBOOK)
The Wickbook is an annual publication compiled and distributed by the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness. The Wickbook contains a variety of information and statistics which include: summary and detailed data on Hartwick students, financial aid, faculty and staff, instructional activity, finance, facilities, and research.
Finance and College Advancement sections of the Wickbook are available only on D2L
WICKBOOK ON D2L
Edited versions of the Wickbook are here:
Common Data Sets
The Common Data Set Initiative is a collaborative effort among data providers in the higher education community and publishers as represented by the College Board, Peterson’s, and U.S. News & World Report. This goal is attained by the development of clear, standard data items and definitions in order to determine a specific cohort relevant to each item. Data items and definitions used by the U.S. Department of Education in its higher education surveys often serve as a guide in the continued development of the Common Data Set.
Specific data requests may be made by emailing our staff directly.
Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Bresee Hall 206
One Hartwick Drive
Oneonta, NY 13820