The first step to making an impact on the world is yours: apply.
Hartwick College welcomes applications for transfer students for either the fall or spring semesters. We value the experience and maturity that transfer students bring with them. Our goal is to offer a hassle-free transfer process, consideration of as much transfer credit as possible, and an easy transition into Hartwick’s welcoming community.
The Admissions process and the educational experience at Hartwick have always been highly personal. We look forward to learning your story.
Use the list below to start your Hartwick experience today:
- Complete either the Hartwick Application or the Common Application
- Submit your official college transcript(s)
- Submit your official high school transcript(s)
- Personal Essay (strongly recommended but, not required)
- Recommendation letters (strongly recommended but, not required)
- Official final high school transcripts with date of graduation and transcripts of all previous college coursework are required prior to enrollment.
The following forms may be requested:
How will my credits transfer to Hartwick College?
Hartwick College has partnered with CollegeSource to provide you with a tool to help understand how the courses you’ve already taken can help you get ahead. This Transfer Equivalency System (TES) is intended as a guide for prospective transfer students. A few notes about the TES:
- This information is provided as a guide to how your credits may transfer to Hartwick. Your official transfer credit evaluation will take place when your application is complete and your official transcripts have arrived at Hartwick.
- Hartwick College, a transfer-friendly community, accepts up to 75 credits for courses with a grade earned of C or better.
- If you are searching for a course or institution that has not been evaluated in the TES, this does not mean you will not receive transfer credits. TES is an ever-expanding database, and we continue to add courses.
Access the Transfer Equivalency System
Hartwick College is a residential liberal arts and sciences college. The Office of Residential Life and Housing offers our residential students a variety of experiential learning opportunities to support their academic, social, and personal success. We believe a Hartwick education is the result of curricular and co-curricular experiences in class, on campus, and in the residence halls. As such, all students are required to live on campus through their senior year. For more information about living at Hartwick, visit the Residential Life and Housing Policies page.
Music and Art Majors
Hartwick College offers fine academic programs in music and art, as well as a range of extracurricular activities in both fields, and a lively array of cultural events and organizations (including our own museum — with a gallery that shows student art!).
In addition to our regular admission criteria, students planning to major in music are required to have an audition, and students wishing to major in art should submit a portfolio of slides or original work.
Find out more about music auditions.
Find out more about art portfolios.
Previously Accepted Students
If you were previously accepted to Hartwick and wish to re-activate your application, you must contact the admissions office. While your previous admission to the College will be in your favor, it does not guarantee admittance to the College as a transfer applicant.
In addition to meeting all stated application requirements, home-schooled students must submit proof of high school diploma or GED.
Phone: 888-HARTWICK (888-427-8942)
Fax: 607-431-4102 or 607-431-4154
Mail: Hartwick College, Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 4022
Oneonta, NY 13820