Transfer Students

The first step to making an impact on the world is yours: apply.

Hartwick College welcomes applications for transfer students for either the fall or spring semesters. We value the experience and maturity that transfer students bring with them. Our goal is to offer a hassle-free transfer process, consideration of as much transfer credit as possible, and an easy transition into Hartwick’s welcoming community.

The Admissions process and the educational experience at Hartwick have always been highly personal. We look forward to learning your story.

Use the list below to start your Hartwick experience today:

  • Complete either the Hartwick Application or the Common Application
  • Submit your official college transcript(s) 
  • Submit your official high school transcript(s)
  • Personal Essay (strongly recommended but, not required)
  • Recommendation letters (strongly recommended but, not required)

The following forms may be requested:

Residency Requirement

All Hartwick students are guaranteed housing for four years. Hartwick is a residential college, and its students have a three-year residency requirement; seniors have the option of moving off-campus. Commuting students and those with special permission are exempt from this requirement.

Music and Art Majors

Hartwick College offers fine academic programs in music and art, as well as a range of extracurricular activities in both fields, and a lively array of cultural events and organizations (including our own museum — with a gallery that shows student art!).

In addition to our regular admission criteria, students planning to major in music are required to have an audition, and students wishing to major in art should submit a portfolio of slides or original work.

Find out more about music auditions.
Find out more about art portfolios.

Previously Accepted Students

If you were previously accepted to Hartwick and wish to re-activate your application, you must contact the admissions office. While your previous admission to the College will be in your favor, it does not guarantee admittance to the College as a transfer applicant.

Home-schooled Students

In addition to meeting all stated application requirements, home-schooled students must submit proof of high school diploma or GED.

Contact Us:

Geneen Bolton
Transfer Coordinator
Phone: 607-431-4324

Phone: 888-HARTWICK (888-427-8942)
Fax: 607-431-4102 or 607-431-4154
Mail: Hartwick College, Office of Admissions
          P.O. Box 4022
          Oneonta, NY 13820


Back To Top