Prevention Education for Students
Going off to college can be intimidating and exciting! At Hartwick we have implemented a comprehensive educational program, which includes alcohol awareness education, sexual assault prevention, and hazing prevention. These programs are designed to help you make the safest, healthiest decisions possible as you begin and continue your college journey.
New Students – Enrolling Fall Term 2023
As a Hartwick College student, you will grow and change in amazing ways. We know that the culture at Hartwick College and the people you meet here will have a big impact on your learning. That’s why we’ve implemented a comprehensive educational program to help you make the safest, healthiest decisions possible.
Every new Hartwick student is required to complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu® for College & Sexual Assault Prevention. All new students must complete Part 1 of both online modules by August 5, 2023, with a score of 75% or higher on AlcoholEdu®. Instructions for completing this course can be found below.
Every returning Hartwick student is required to participate in training throughout the academic year. Each academic year, returning students are required to complete an online sexual assault prevention course during the Fall term and AlcoholEdu® Ongoing Education during the Spring term. Invitations and instructions for participation in these training modules are sent to your Hartwick email account.
Fall 2023 Returning Student Online Training
Required Training: “Sexual Assault Prevention Ongoing: Taking Action” – Due September 15th
Optional Training: “Clarifying Consent“
Additional instructions for completing this course can be found below.
Every student athlete and fraternity & sorority life (FSL) member is required to participate in “Hazing Awarenss and Prevention for Students” by September 15th. Invitations and instructions for participation in this training module are sent to your Hartwick email account. Additional instructions for completing this course can be found below.
Athletes and FSL members may be required to participate in additional training programs throughout the academic year. Any additional training requirements will be communicated directly to your organization or team.
STEPS TO ACCESS TRAINING COURSES
Students will receive an email invitation from Hartwick College with login information and directions to access the AlcoholEdu® for College, Hazing Prevention, and Sexual Assault Prevention courses. Email invitations are sent to the student’s Hartwick email account.
The email invitation will contain a link for students to access their courses. Students will use their Hartwick email address to log into the learning platform. Once in the platform, students will receive prompts and instructions on how to access their courses and view coursework status.
Once logged-in, students will have access to their Dashboard where they will access the each training course.
INFORMATION, & TIPS FOR NEW STUDENTS
- AlcoholEDU, Hazing Prevention, and Sexual Assault Prevention course information is sent to your Hartwick email account.
- You will need internet access and audio capabilities. To avoid technical issues, use an up-to-date, major web browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.
- AlcoholEDU and Sexual Assault Prevention are required for ALL students. Hazing Prevention is required by all student athletes and FSL members. Failure to complete your required courses by the deadline may result in an account freeze, course registration hold, and/or the ability to participate in extracurricular activities. An account freeze will prevent you from using your WICKit card on campus. A course registration hold will prevent you from registering for spring courses.
- New Students – must complete Part 1 of both AlcoholEDU and Sexual Assault Prevention. Together, this should take about three hours. You do not need to complete the courses in one sitting.
- All course survey responses are confidential.
- Technical support is available on demand through Vector Solutions.
- You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for support with your courses.
- If you have any questions, please contact Hartwick’s Student Experience staff at email@example.com
- Check Your Spam, if you do not receive an email to take this training!