Hartwick College’s Health Promotion Office was developed to meet the growing needs of our students.
Our mission, learning outcomes, and program initiatives have been developed in alignment with the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education, the American College Health Association, and other prominent resources.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- To provide effective programming that will help students in the life-long development of a healthy lifestyle
- To provide information on a personal and community level that will enhance the growth and development of the Hartwick community
- To prepare the Hartwick community to be well informed on issues that will assist them in making responsible decisions related to personal life choices
Academic year programming:
We provide and assists with a number of different programs throughout the academic year. These programs cover a broad range of topics, and may take a number of forms, from interactive, to peer-facilitated or discussion. Alcohol and other drugs, nutrition, body image, relationships, sexual responsibility, and personal accountability are just a few of the topics we cover.
Several times throughout the academic year, the Health Promotion Office will facilitate awareness campaigns on a variety of issues ranging from Love Your Body Week to Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week. Events can include informational tables, day or evening programs, free giveaways, interactive programming, and much more.
A few of the awareness campaigns promoted by the Health Promotion Office:
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Love Your Body Week
- World Aids Day
- Cervical Health Awareness Month
- Sexual Responsibility Week
- Safe Spring Break Week
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Better Sleep Month
- National Skin Cancer Monttact
Coordinator of Health Promotion
Director of The Campbell Fitness Center
4th floor, Dewar Union