documentary photography (traditional, digital and alternative processes), photo-related printmaking methods.
Professor of Art, Coordinator of Minor in Documentary Photography and Co-founder of Round House Press
Recent courses taught:
- Women in Photography
- Pinholes to Pixels
- Intaglio and Relief Printmaking
- Arkell Hall Endowed Chair of the Arts at Hartwick 2008-2011 (3 year appointment)
- Wandersee Scholar-in-Residence at Hartwick for academic year 2018-19
- Elements of Photography by Angela Faris Belt (Focal Press, 2008 and 2011),“Contemplating Peace” portfolio
- BOMB magazine NY,NY 1990, “Playing on the Girl’s Team” painted photograph
- Phoebe, feminist journal, State University of New York at Oneonta, NY:
“Time Line : Lost Near Lake and Madison.” Phoebe 5:2 (Fall 1993): 54
“Darmstadt in 1953 : From My Father’s Photographs.” Phoebe6:1 (Spring 1994): 26.
“Nest.” Phoebe 5:2 (Fall 1993): 16.
“Small Fortune.” Phoebe 10:2 (Fall 1998): 73.
- Lake George Arts Project Collectors Club, print commission (intaglio edition of 100, “Ticking,”
printed at Round House Press, Hartwick College), curator Julie Courtney, 1992-3.
College service and professional affiliations:
- Society for Photographic Education, Co-Chair, Women’s Caucus 2013-2018; Member of 2017 national conference committee Orlando FL
- SPE Conference Presentations:
“Conferring Significance: Celebrating Photography’s Continuum,” moderator for panel “The Feedback Loop of Contemporary Feminisms: Teaching, Learning, and Making” with Ann Kaplan, Patricia Lois Nuss, Laurie Schorr, and Marcia Vaitsman, Chicago IL 2013.
“Facing Diversity: Leveling the Playing Field in the Photographic Arts,” panel “Self as Object: Perspectives of Identity” with Tulu Bayar, Amber Johnston, Suzanne Szucs and M. Laine Wyatt, Philadelphia PA, 2010.
“Photography and Place,” panel, “Home and Away: Roger Mertin’s Journeys” with Jeffrey Hoone and
George Slade, Newport RI, 2004.