individual tax, tax treaty, business tax, international tax, tax law compliance, financial accounting, accounting for not-for-profit organization, and accounting information system.
CPA, Assistant Professor of Accounting & SPEC Partner & Site Coordinator of the IRS VITA/TCE Program
Li Luo is an Assistant Professor at Hartwick College. She has created an extraordinary professional development opportunity for her students that is also a service to the community. Her class provides free tax services through the Hartwick College Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. In the program’s 2020 and 2021 year, the IRS-certified students prepared over 500 federal or state returns for clients across the country and earned a 100% acceptance rate with zero errors. Their final exam came in the form of a professional credential: the IRS Advanced certificates. Hartwick is one of just a few colleges and universities to offer the program nationwide in the whole year.
Recent courses taught:
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Taxation
- Taxation I
- Accounting Capstone
- Wang, W., & Luo, L. (2020). An Integrated Framework for Managing Information Technology Security Uncertainty. European Journal of Business and Management, 12-18.
- Luo, L., & Wang, W. (2017). Disability Discrimination in Employment: Three Countries Comparison. Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization, 65, 14-18.
- Lee, Mina., & Luo, Li. (2012). The Style of Bad Business: Corruption vs. Loopholes. Asia Academy of Management Conference (AAMC) 2012, Seoul, Korea.
College service and professional affiliations:
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of National Taxation Association (NTA)
- IRS SPEC Partner
- IRS SPEC 6744 Test Committee Member
- IRS SPEC Publication 4491 Committee Member
- Hartwick College IRS VITA/TCE Site Coordinator
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society for Business
- Member of Beta Alpha Psi Honor Society for Accounting, Finance, and Information System
- Faculty Representative for Hartwick College BOT Audit and Compliance
Credentials & Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- IRS VITA/TCE Certifications – Advanced; Military; International; Foreign Students; and Federal Tax Law Circular 230