strategy, international business, entrepreneurship, health care management.
Pinki Srivastava is a successful executive with an entrepreneurial spirit. She has created shared vision and attained goals while stewarding resources for many for-profit and non-profit organizations. She is able to foster relationships and collaborate with constituents from a wide variety of diverse backgrounds.
As an experienced educator, Pinki has designed and developed experiential learning courses and project-based learning. She has a deep appreciation and respect for what goes on in the classroom. To design coursework and workshops, she draws on many disciplines. For example, she created an immersive business program to lead a student group for four weeks to India. Students met with many notable leaders at global and domestic organizations. Students learned not only what had made these leaders and organizations successful but also how to adapt international ideas to local contexts. Most importantly, students began to understand the kinds of cultural sensitivities that enable effective work across national and cultural contexts. This type of integrated, international perspective is vital to future business leaders in a fast-changing and increasingly globalized world.
Recent courses taught:
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Business of Food
- Power, Society, and Business
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Doing Business in Asia
Selected publications and activites:
- Srivastava, P. “Globalization”. Presented to the Eighth Annual American Business Research Conference, Research for Change, World Business Institute at New York, NY, July 2016.
- Srivastava, P. “The Changing Tastes of India”. Presented to The New York Conference on Asian Studies, Global Asia: Social, Cultural and Political Spaces at Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY, October 2015.
- Srivastava, P. “Indian Culture’s Effect on its Modern Business Practice”. Presented to the ASIANetwork Spring Conference, Asia: Body and Spirit. Sponsored by Webster University, St. Louis, MO, April 2015.
- Facilitator & Participant, Ninth Symposium on Integration of Engineering and Liberal Education, Union College, Schenectady, NY, June 2016.
- Participant, Women’s Empowerment: Keys to Leadership, Global Ties, US Regional Summit, The Sage Colleges, Albany, NY, May 2016.
- Facilitator & Reviewer, Facilitating Learning: Online and Strategy Simulations, Implications for Today’s Managers: Opportunities and Challenges, Eastern Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA, May 2012.
- Participant, STEM Progressive Dialogues, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. Supported by a grant from Gates Foundation, to engage statewide multidisciplinary leaders in design of a strategic roadmap for advancing PK-20 STEM education to prepare graduates to compete in the global economy, June 2009.