The Technology Resource Center is the drop-off point for the recycling of electronics, toner, and ink for College-owned devices.
Recycling guidelines are as follows:
The TRC will accept for recycling:
- Hartwick College-owned computers, printers, and monitors which no longer have a use on campus
- Student-owned computers, printers, and monitors that were used on the Hartwick College campus
- Toner and ink cartridges from student-owned printers used on the Hartwick College campus
- Toner and ink cartridges from all printers & copiers owned by Hartwick College
The TRC will not accept for recycling:
- Cell phones or handheld electronic devices (These are best recycled by their manufacturer or a reliable source, to ensure that personal data is cleared from them.)
- Student-owned computers, printers, and monitors which are not used on the Hartwick College campus (brought from home)
- Faculty and staff personally-owned computers, printers, and monitors (brought from home)
- Faculty and staff toner and ink cartridges from personally-owned printers & copiers (brought from home)
Items may be dropped off at the TRC in Clark 150. We have limited storage space, so if a department has large/heavy items or a large quantity of items, please contact us in advance so that we may make arrangements to remove and clear hard drives and have items moved directly to the storage facility.
If you have any questions, please contact the TRC at 607-431-4357 or email@example.com