News Hartwick Announces Agreement With Glasgow Caledonian New York College
Hartwick College today announced an enhancement of its new FlightPath curriculum, which allows students to create their own academic journey and forge their own pathway to careers and life after graduation. Through a new bachelor’s/master’s degree articulation agreement with Glasgow Caledonian New York College (GCNYC), Hartwick students and alumni interested in business, fashion, or sustainability can pursue a new “4+1” advanced degree in two unique fields, Business for Social Impact and Sustainability or Sustainable Fashion. The agreement provides an opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree from Hartwick in four years and a master of science in one additional year of intensive study at GCNYC.
“Through the GCNYC partnership, students with a passion for business and social impact, environmental sustainability, and sustainable fashion can take their Hartwick education to the next level by completing an innovative one-year MS degree in New York City,” said Dr. Patricia L. Delaney, director of the College’s Griffiths Center for Collaboration & Innovation (GCCI). This pioneering relationship was fostered by the efforts of GCCI.
“GCNYC is thrilled to offer Hartwick College graduates a facilitated pathway to earn a master’s degree in fashion sustainability or business for social impact,” said Dr. Jacqueline LeBlanc, vice president and provost, GCNYC. “Hartwick’s focus on developing skills for the 21st century dovetails perfectly with GCNYC’s mission to support the UN Sustainable Development Goals and a brighter future for the common good.”
The program will provide a number of benefits to Hartwick graduates in the form of dedicated scholarships, graduate assistantships, and free access to an online graduate course at GCNYC.
Highlights of the partnership include:
- A streamlined application process, featuring an application fee waiver and only one letter of reference required
- Seniors with a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible to complete an online GCNYC course tuition-free (a $4,089 value). Course credit will be applied to either the Master of Science in Business for Social Impact and Sustainability or the Master of Science in Sustainable Fashion program upon matriculation. The course is available to any Hartwick student or alumni who applies to the program (enrolled is not required)
- Substantial scholarships are also available:
- Those with a 3.5 GPA or higher at Hartwick receive a scholarship of $10,000 and a graduate assistantship of $3,000 with GCNYC’s Center for Social Impact & Innovation.
- Those graduating with a GPA of 3.0 – 3.49 at Hartwick receive a scholarship of $7,500 and a graduate assistantship of $3,000 with GCNYC’s Center for Social Impact & Innovation.
Delaney cites substantial interest from students in the business and Environment, Sustainability and Society programs as a major factor in developing the new degree option.
GCNYC is part of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU), a global university with more than 20,000 students worldwide. Described as “the University for the Common Good,” GCU shares a commitment to people, planet, and profitability. GCNYC is located in the historic SoHo neighborhood of lower Manhattan.
For more information on the articulation agreement, visit the Hartwick website or contact Delaney at email@example.com or (607) 431-4009.