Understanding Your Financial Aid Award
Now that you've received your financial aid offer, you may have questions about next steps.
What You Should Know & Do Next
For Admissions Scholarships and Hartwick Grants, your acceptance automatically results in a credit to your account.
Does your package include a Federal Direct Loan? If you have never had a Federal Direct Loan before, you can complete the required Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note online. Please note that your loan can not be processed until you have completed both the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note. You will need your FSA ID to complete your Federal Direct Loan.
1. Complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
3. Click on Complete Counseling; then click on Start Entrance Counseling.
4. After you complete the Entrance Counseling, click on Complete a Master Promissory Note, then click on Complete Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN.
Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
5. You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
6. PROMISSORY NOTE – Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
7. You will receive an email from Federal Student Aid, once your process is complete.
1. Need a valid FSA ID to complete the application process. You may request an FSA ID from the Department of Education. You will need to complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
2. Log on to ECSI’s Website.
3. Provide your Social Security Number, last name, and date of birth.
4. Provide your PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page.
5. Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
6. You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
7. Promissory Note (Read completely): Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
If you have been awarded Work-Study for the first time or are looking to change jobs should check the Work-Study Job Board for a description of available positions.
If you are a continuing student with Work-Study as part of your award, you should have completed the Work-Study Authorization Form in the spring and had it signed by your supervisor; most likely, you are already working. If you change jobs, you will need to pick up a form from the Financial Aid Office, sign and date it, and have your new supervisor complete it before you return it to the Financial Aid Office.
You may not begin work until you receive notification from your supervisor that you have been cleared by Student Payroll.
May complete the online application and Master Promissory Note (MPN). Note: A denial of the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan qualifies a student for additional unsubsidized Stafford Loan funds ($4,000 for first- and second-year students; $5,000 for third- through fifth-year students). The denial must be applied for and received every year before the Stafford funds can be certified.
Other financing options to cover the cost of attendance include the Tuition Payment Plan and alternative student loans. Please note that all federal loan options should be exhausted before considering alternative student loans.
To comply with Federal regulations, certain students are selected for Verification.
We verify the household and income information of selected students as reported on the FAFSA. You will be notified if you have been selected for verification.
OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID
Bresee Hall, 2nd Floor
One Hartwick Drive
P.O. Box 4020
Oneonta, NY 13820-4020