Hawks-Secure Wireless Network
Hartwick College uses a secure wireless network called Hawks-Secure. Instructions for joining the Hawks-Secure network are below:
Student Windows Laptops: Instructions for Windows laptops
Faculty/Staff Hartwick-issued Windows laptops: Instructions for Faculty/Staff Hartwick-issued laptops
Macintosh Laptops: Instructions for Macintosh laptops
Handheld Devices: Instructions for iPhone, iPad and Android
Visitors to campus who cannot register with a Hartwick College network username and password may use the Hawks-Guest Network.
Students may register game devices, Apple TVs, smart TVs and other devices for use on the Hawks-Device wireless network. After registration, devices with an Ethernet option may also be used on the wired network.
- Locate the wired and/or wireless MAC (Media Access Control) address for your device
- Register that address following the Hawks-Device device registration instructions below
- For wifi, join the device to the Hawks-Device network following those instructions
- For Ethernet, plug the device into an available Ethernet port
- It may take 24 hours from the time of registration until the device can join the network
Device Registration: Instructions for Device Registration
Visitors to campus may register and use the Hawks-Guest network.
Instructions for Using the Guest Network
Questions About Hartwick’s Wireless Network
Contact the Technology Resource Center at 607-431-4357 or at email@example.com.