Pre-engineering Program Overview

“I think I want to be an engineer when I graduate from college, but I am not really sure. I don’t really understand what the difference is between an engineer and a scientist.”

Does that sound like you? If so, then maybe the pre-engineering program at Hartwick is the best choice for you.

Our pre-engineering program is meant for students who are not quite sure whether they want to be an engineer or who might want to consider some other choice of major, such as physics, chemistry, computer science, or even English or history. Hartwick’s pre-engineering program will allow you to try out other choices while still remaining on track for an engineering degree within five years.

Please note: Hartwick College focuses on offering fall, January, and spring term undergraduate courses in person, however circumstances may require us to offer a small number of courses in this department through distance education. In times of emergency, following regulatory guidelines, all classes may temporarily need to be delivered through distance education, including online. We also offer a slate of courses online in the summer to help our students make progress towards their degrees. With support from an academic advisor, students needing particular courses may have other online options as well. If you have questions about the way courses are delivered in your program, please contact your Department or Program Chair.

More about Hartwick’s Pre-engineering program

Pre-engineering Requirements

Considering the pre-engineering program? Here’s what it takes.

Requirements & FAQ

Still have questions?

Contact the pre-engineering coordinator.