There are a few steps involved to register to earn credit for your internship. Don’t worry, they’re easy!
Come in to Career Services in the PSGE Center, Golisano Hall for a quick conversation about registering for credit, or just email specific questions to your Internship Advisor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Register for Credit
Have you accepted an internship placement with an organization?
Would you like to receive academic credit and see it on your transcript?
Domestic Learning Agreement
For internships located within the USA.
International Learning Agreement
For internships abroad.
• Step 1: Download and read the steps on how to register for academic credit.
PDF: Career Services: How to Register (domestic)
• Step 2: Please, fill out this official online agreement with the support of your internship faculty supervisor.
Link: Domestic Learning Agreement
Deadlines to Register a Domestic Internship:
All domestic internship registration deadlines are listed with your class registration deadlines.
Link: Academic Deadlines and Important Dates
• Step 1: Set up a meeting with Internship Advisor to fill out this official online agreement with her direct support.
• Step 2: Please fill out this agreement with Internship Advisor’s support.
Link: International Learning Agreement *
Deadlines to Register an International Internship:
J Term: November 30th
Summer: May 1st
Visit Emerson Scholarships for more information on how to apply for $5,000 to complete an international internship.
* If you are applying for the Emerson Scholarship, you will not fill out this online document until your award has been confirmed by the committee.
See above for deadline specifics based on the location of your internship.
If you miss a deadline for registering your internship for credit, you may petition to the Committee on Academic Standards through Academic Affairs. To do so, you will need to download this form: Petition to CAS.
Notes on Fees
If you complete a summer internship for credit there will be a fee; for 1 to 4 credits it will be $370 and for 5 to 8 credits it will b $740. There will also be fees for term time credit-bearing internships if you ‘overload’ your credits for the semester.
To request an employer evaluation for your student’s internship, please click the following link and follow the steps. The evaluation will be sent to your email once complete.