Areas of Expertise
moral philosophy and phenomenology
EducationPh.D., University of California at Riverside
J. Jeremy Wisnewski
Professor of Philosophy and Peace & Conflict Studies Co-Coordinator
Recent courses taught:
- Asian Philosophy
- Mind and Self
- “The Moral Relevance of Literature and the Limits of Argument: Lessons from Heidegger, Aristotle, and Coetzee,” in Fictional Characters, Real Problems: Essays on the Ethical Content of Literature, edited by Garry Hagberg, Oxford University Press (2016).
- “WikiLeaks and Whistleblowing: Privacy and Consent in an Age of Surveillance,” in Ethics and the Future Spying: Technology, Intelligence Collection and National Security, edited by Jai Galliot, Routledge, (2016).
- “The Obligation of Sympathy in Medical Ethics,” Journal of Medical Humanities, Vol 36, No 4 (2015), 309-319.
- Heidegger: An Introduction, Rowman and Littlefield, 2012.
- Understanding Torture, Edinburgh University Press, 2010.