Areas of Expertise
writing center studies; first-year writing, digital composition, twentieth-century and contemporary American literature, ecocriticism
EducationPh.D., Baylor University
Director of the 21st-Century Writing Competency Program and Writing Center
Recent courses taught:
- First-Year Writing
- Digital Writing
- American Literature
- British Literature
Distinctions (awards, fellowships, and grants):
- Teaching Fellow, Digital Projects Group, Baylor University (2016; 2018)
- Travel Grant Recipient, Deep South in the Global South Conference, University of Louisiana at Lafayette (2018)
- Digital Scholar, Baylor Libraries, Baylor University (2016)
- Conyers Scholar, Institute for Faith and Learning, Baylor University (2016)
- Hunger Fellow, Campus Kitchen and Community Garden, Baylor University (2016)
- “A Pedagogy of Long-form Podcasts: Teaching ‘Slow Listening’ and Composition through Podcasts.” Digital English, edited by Naomi Milthorpe, Robert Clarke, Joanne Jones, and Robbie Moore. 2018, n.p.
- “ ‘But Yehoshuah knew the numbers’: Reading Joshua Cohen’s Book of Numbers as Biblical Adaptation.” “New Voices in Jewish-American Literature,” edited by Dan O’Brien and Mike Witcombe. Open Library of Humanities, 2017, n.p.
- “Gerard Manley Hopkins’s Incarnational Ecology: Negotiating Mystery and Intimacy in Gerard Manley Hopkins’s ‘Binsey Poplars.’ ” Religion and the Arts, vol. 21, no. 3, 2017, pp. 335-51.
- “ ‘Making the Land Shiver:’ Ana Castillo’s Ecological Politics in The Guardians.” JOSTES: Journal of South Texas English Studies, vol. 6, no. 2, 2016, pp. 67-77.
- “ ‘Angels in Machines’: The Proto-Posthuman in Alexander Pope’s The Rape of the Lock.” Word and Text: A Journal of Literary Studies and Linguistics, vol. 6, no. 1-2, 2016, pp. 48-59.
- “Constructing Chicano Identity: Resistance, Celebration, and Hybridity in Sergio Troncoso’s From This Wicked Patch of Dust.” Label Me Latina/o, vol. 5, no. 1, 2015, pp. 1-9.
- International Writing Centers Association
- Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers